Wildwood 7/11-13

F

Fat Angel

Just received this email: should be fun...

Greetings 2008 Competitors - We wanted to inform you that the 2009 New Jersey State Barbecue Championship will be better than ever. Tonight we received confirmation to use additional space which will allow us to increase our competitor spaces to 62. As a result we will forgo the previous selection process and ALL 2008 competitors will be given an opportunity to come back without having to go through a selection process. I expect to have applications out in several weeks where you will be given a window of opportunity to get your applications in. At the end of the returnee window we will open those spaces not claimed to the new applicants. At this time I have over 25 new requests for applications. Of course with more competitors we will be raising the prizes to a new level. This opportunity came up only recently and after careful consideration and the receiving the proper approvals we are able to announce this. We will be posting updated information on the website as we iron things out for 2009, So until you receive your application via email - MARK YOUR CALENDARS . . . ALSO if you know anyone that wants to compete have them send in a request for an application ASAP. At the end of the returnee window we will be sending applications to those requesting one and antisipate filling spaces on a first come basis.

Wow... that is going to make a lot of returning and potentially new teams very happy.

I've not been to that contest but I know Wildwood is a "fun" place...

all I remember are Rich Decker's words when he described it...

"When the sun goes down, it's like Girls Gone Wild" :biggrin:

I have four app requests in. I will be there whether they like it or not!!!!!!

The contest area is being moved to Spruce St. There will now be a judges tent there as well. Been working with Eric on some of the logistics. The judges tent when not in use will become a dedicated team socializing area.

The contest area is being moved to Spruce St. There will now be a judges tent there as well. Been working with Eric on some of the logistics. The judges tent when not in use will become a dedicated team socializing area.

They should put a bar in it!!!!:lol:

Just received this email: should be fun...
ALSO if you know anyone that wants to compete have them send in a request for an application ASAP. At the end of the returnee window we will be sending applications to those requesting one and antisipate filling spaces on a first come basis.

Thanks for posting. If you have, would you please post the contact name and address for new teams wanting to get in to send their info. Thanks:smile:

How big will the sites be?

My guess is the sites will be limited to 20X20 but they may be allowing for bigger rigs this year. Send an email to them as i really have no clue.

In the past it has been the tighest contest ever as they crammed 30 teams onto basically a basketball court.

if they are going down spruce that would put some teams right on the bay. would be much cooler at night. it's about time they found a way to expand. i was on the standby list last year and already requested my app.

NJBBQ UPDATE - We just got approval to use additional space for the 2009 NJ State Barbecue Championship therefore will be able to have 62 competitors. What we plan on doing is to invite all competitors from last year back, give them several weeks to get their applications in and then send out applications to all those that have requested one. At this point if all competitors from 2008 return we will 34 new spaces. Please check your email regularly. I anticipate sending the applications out in about 30 days.

Back