MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring

Notices

BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring *On Topic Only* From the Backyard to the American Royal... thats our motto. Here is a place for those interested in Competition BBQ, but not yet ready to venture out alone can hook up and help out our veteran teams to see what its like on "The Dark Side". More instructions inside.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
PorkDork
On the road to being a farker

Smile Want to join a PNWBA team

Just wanted to put the word out that I'm interested in joining/helping out any team that might be looking for any help this season.

I live in NE Oregon and would be able to travel to OR, ID, WA.

If you have a spot, or have any ideas of anything that might help please let me know!

Thanks!
PorkDork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
PorkDork

Ok, I changed my mind, I DON'T really want to help a team out (#ReversePsychology)...
Old 04-25-2013, 06:19 AM   #3
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Well, you started in the right place!

I noticed you posted on the PNWBA site as well.
Next off, I'd suggest you get involved and attend a competition and judging or cooking class to network with with teams and likeminded individuals. There will be a PNWBA Feed Our Troops in the Tacoma, WA area on June 15th that is seeking volunteers and another in the works for Fairchild AFB in the Spokane, WA area being formed.
Or consider a trip to the Oregon Coast Memorial Day weekend for the KCBS sanctioned BBQ, Blues & Brews by the Bay in North Bend OR. John Hunt is the organizer and Mark Silver is the Rep. and they really helped me a lot when I first got started. There is always a need for a helping hand if you really are serious.
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 04-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
didisea
Take a breath!

I am looking for an assistant(s) for the BBQ, Blues & Brews by the Bay in North Bend OR Memorial Day weekend if you are interested in coming. I'm a one person team, and it is really hard to cook KCBS contests by yourself. If you can only come for one day, Sunday, May 26th would be the day that you could be most helpful.

Last edited by didisea; 04-25-2013 at 03:42 PM..
didisea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
columbia1
is one Smokin' Farker

Porkdork, we were talking this morning about doing the McKinley springs comp, you are more than welcome to come by!!
Custom 72" reverse flow smoker, 18" WSM, Weber Elite, ECB. and misc grills.
[URL="https://www.facebook.com/TombstoneBbq?ref=hl"]Tombstone BBQ on Facebook[/URL]
columbia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
bigdogphin
is one Smokin' Farker

Take the Oregon Pitmaster/judging class on May 5th.. Like Brian said good place to start to networking...

"Xquelibur" Black badazz Yoder Cimarron

Custom Yoder Frontiersman II and YS1500
Reverse FEC 100 & Right Handed FEC 100
1 UDS
Desert Thermapen W/ American flag
Green Thermapen
KCBS & PNWBA CBJ
bigdogphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
PorkDork

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbia1 View Post
Porkdork, we were talking this morning about doing the McKinley springs comp, you are more than welcome to come by!!
I will! I've decided I'm just going to come up and and spectate if nothing else! I've been talking a PNWBA rep and trying to get in with a team, but it's kind of difficult via the computer. What's the name of you team??
Old 05-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #8
PorkDork

Quote:
Originally Posted by didisea View Post
I am looking for an assistant(s) for the BBQ, Blues & Brews by the Bay in North Bend OR Memorial Day weekend if you are interested in coming. I'm a one person team, and it is really hard to cook KCBS contests by yourself. If you can only come for one day, Sunday, May 26th would be the day that you could be most helpful.
I would love to help you out, but cant make this event! Any other events this year that you might need an extra set of hands??
Old 05-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #9
columbia1
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkDork View Post
I will! I've decided I'm just going to come up and and spectate if nothing else! I've been talking a PNWBA rep and trying to get in with a team, but it's kind of difficult via the computer. What's the name of you team??
Tombstone BBQ, Chris and myself are looking forward to meeting you!!
Custom 72" reverse flow smoker, 18" WSM, Weber Elite, ECB. and misc grills.
[URL="https://www.facebook.com/TombstoneBbq?ref=hl"]Tombstone BBQ on Facebook[/URL]
columbia1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help wanted, Idaho, Mentor, oregon, pnwba, team, Washington