My Dad's 85th Birthday Cook! PRON

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Today, my Dad turned 85! Tomorrow we are throwing his BD party. I am cooking a 14 pound brisket, an 11 pound pork butt, some ABTs, cole slaw, hot dogs and VA style hot dog chili sauce with all the trimmings which are all of his favorites.

Here is a pic of the trimmed brisket that will be cooked up Black-hawk 3.0 style.

picture.php

More pron tomorrow! Thanks for looking!

Happy 85th to your Dad!! He's gonna be eating well. Count everyday with him as a Blessing. My dad was 86 in Sept.

Thanks, brethren! It is a blessing. We lost my Mom in 2011. These times have been even more special since then.

My Dad is one tough dude! He is a retired firefighter and gets around nowadays as good as I could ever hope. He chops his own firewood to heat his home with a wood stove, he plants his own gardens and reaps the rewards, and he pretty much works us "youngens" to the ground when helping him in the garden and when chopping and splitting wood. It is a blessing seeing him get along so well even after having a knee replacement and after the loss of my Mother.

I bought him a whole home surveillance system for Christmas and he really has enjoyed it. It has night vision capability so he has been able to watch the deer, coons, and foxes coming around at night. He gets a big kick out of that.

Happy Birthday to your Dad...looks like an excellent feast!

I bought him a whole home surveillance system for Christmas and he really has enjoyed it. It has night vision capability so he has been able to watch the deer, coons, and foxes coming around at night. He gets a big kick out of that.

Happy 85th Birthday to your dad, he sounds like one tough dude! BTW, that's a good looking brisket you got there. I have video surveillance at my home in the country and get great pleasure watching all of the wildlife that shows up after dark!

Bet its going to be a great party!!!

Happy 85th to your father you are blessed and so is he to have a son like you that is going to cook him a feast!!!!!!!

Happy 85th birthday to your father, looks like he will be eating very well.

Happy birthday to your dad there Bo. Sounds like ya'll gonna have a good time. That surveillance stuff is way cool.

Back