MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Default I love "BBQ Folks"! LOL!!!

We had a bbq blowout at our house Saturday night. I did four slabs of ribs and an 8 lb pork butt. We did hotdogs for the kids. We had eight adults and eight children and LOTS of food. We were suppose to have 10 adults but two had something come up at the last minute and couldn't attend.

Everyone there except for this one guy had tasted my bbq and bbq sauce before. So after we said grace and the food line started people started diving into the pulled pork and ribs. I waited to go last and got behind the guy who had come with one of my neighbors. As this guy was fixing his PP sandwich he reached for *brace yourself my Brethren* KETCHUP AND MUSTARD!!!! He CAKED the ketchup and mustard on the buns. Then did the unthinkable!!! Put that precious, beautiful, hickory smoked pulled pork between the buns and fornicated it. I cringed but neve said a word. I just whispered under my breath "Bless his heart" and went on.

We sit down at the table and one of the guys notices ketchup and mustard dripping from the sandwich as he's biting into it. All of a sudden I hear "Doug, did you put ketchup and mustard on that PP sandwich?! WHAT THE HELL'S WRONG WITH YOU MAN!? YOU DON'T RUIN PULLED PORK WITH KETCHUP AND MUSTARD!" About that time the rest of the table (though not as harsh) told him that putting ketchup and mustard on PP is really doing a discredit to the flavor of the meat and the overall taste of the sandwich. That he ought to try it with just the meat and sauce. He said that he liked ketchup and mustard on just about everything. And admitted that he'd never eaten a PP sammich without ketchup and mustard. Yet he still refused to try one with just the sauce and meat. He said he has to have ketchup and mustard on it. But I just laughed at how my neighbor (who's a BBQ enthusiast as well) just came out of his seat when he saw Doug put ketchup and mustard on that sandwich.

www.doubledsbbq.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Double...12864168786570
Stumps Baby Gravity Feed Smoker
Backwoods Patio Unit
Char Griller Offset for grilling
Bamabuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 07-05-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
jestridge
somebody shut me the fark up.

He like ketchup and mustard ,lot of people does, what the differance than putting bbq sauce on it.
jestridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #3
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestridge View Post
He like ketchup and mustard ,lot of people does, what the differance than putting bbq sauce on it.

Oh, honestly I didn't care. If he wanted to drop his drawers and take a dump on it and eat it that would have fine with me. To each his own. I just love how passionate "BBQ Folks" are about bbq. The look on my neighbor's face was priceless. It was one of those involuntary reactions that if I'd had a camera it would have made a priceless picture.

www.doubledsbbq.com
Backwoods Patio Unit

Old 07-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
CenTech
On the road to being a farker

I wouldn't personally, but if the man wants ketchup and mustard, he should be able to have ketchup and mustard. I've never understood the cooks who get offended when people put sauces on their meat or ask for a steak well done.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #5
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTech View Post
I wouldn't personally, but if the man wants ketchup and mustard, he should be able to have ketchup and mustard. I've never understood the cooks who get offended when people put sauces on their meat or ask for a steak well done.
So this thread won't go the way of misinterpretation I was not genuinely "offended" at all. The spirit of the thread is it was funny to watch the reaction of my neighbor when he saw the ketchup and mustard dripping from the guy's sandwich. His reaction was like someone had spit on his mama's grave or committed the unpardonable sin. I'm around people all the time that do what this guy did. Our church group goes out to eat to a steakhouse and I'll watch man after man baptize the entire cut of meat in 57 sauce to the point where there's noway they are tasting the meat. But that's their preference and I don't care nor does it bother me.

www.doubledsbbq.com
Backwoods Patio Unit

Old 07-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #6
bigabyte

Funny story! That said, I think people should fix what they want the way they like it. Sadly, some people just don't know any better. That guy said himself he never tried it any different way, so he has no idea whether or not he would like it. Either way, I bet he still enjoyed it and that's what counts.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #7
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Funny story! That said, I think people should fix what they want the way they like it. Sadly, some people just don't know any better. That guy said himself he never tried it any different way, so he has no idea whether or not he would like it. Either way, I bet he still enjoyed it and that's what counts.
Oh yeah. I could tell this guy had no clue about bbq and yes he enjoyed it. Him going back to eat two more sammiches proved that.

www.doubledsbbq.com
Backwoods Patio Unit

Old 07-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #8
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
Oh yeah. I could tell this guy had no clue about bbq and yes he enjoyed it. Him going back to eat two more sammiches proved that.
I'd call that a success.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #9
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

LOL. I know the feeling.

I'm known in my circle of friends more for being a long time cajun/creole cook. I still have friends who've eaten at my house over the years but only recently have been able to show up when I'm Q'ing. It was last weekend when I smoked a case of BB's for a friend. His son showed up, and remembering some of my more spicy dishes, immediately grabbed one of the over-the-counter BBQ sauces that I offered (for the noob's). His dad reached over, pretty much slapped the kid's hand (the kid is 25), and said "NO, these dont need sauce, or if you HAVE to, use that sauce over there [Lake Dogs Competition Sauce]". There was a slight grumbling, he put some sauce on the side of his plate and headed off to eat. It was about 3 minutes later came the "HOLY CRAP THIS IS AWESOME" yell. ;-)

Everyone learns in their own time; their own way. I still get people who think my barbecue is good but not great, and darned if they dont always insist on slathering it in SBR's sauce (the flavors dont mesh well, IMHO). I keep telling them, but they keep insisting otherwise, never trying it...
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #10
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Dogs View Post
LOL. I know the feeling.

I'm known in my circle of friends more for being a long time cajun/creole cook. I still have friends who've eaten at my house over the years but only recently have been able to show up when I'm Q'ing. It was last weekend when I smoked a case of BB's for a friend. His son showed up, and remembering some of my more spicy dishes, immediately grabbed one of the over-the-counter BBQ sauces that I offered (for the noob's). His dad reached over, pretty much slapped the kid's hand (the kid is 25), and said "NO, these dont need sauce, or if you HAVE to, use that sauce over there [Lake Dogs Competition Sauce]". There was a slight grumbling, he put some sauce on the side of his plate and headed off to eat. It was about 3 minutes later came the "HOLY CRAP THIS IS AWESOME" yell. ;-)

Everyone learns in their own time; their own way. I still get people who think my barbecue is good but not great, and darned if they dont always insist on slathering it in SBR's sauce (the flavors dont mesh well, IMHO). I keep telling them, but they keep insisting otherwise, never trying it...
Yep. I've had this happen to me as well. But what was weird was the guy ate THREE sammiches. Yet REFUSED and I mean REFUSED to try ONE without ketchup and mustard. Heck, all he had to do is try it and if he didn't like it just add ketchup and mustard. Now I wasn't the one trying to get him to try it. I don't do that. If he doesn't want to ever try it another way then God bless him. He can eat it how he wants.

www.doubledsbbq.com
Backwoods Patio Unit

Last edited by Bamabuzzard; 07-05-2011 at 10:10 AM..

Old 07-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #11
Untraceable
Babbling Farker

Love making mock cubans. pulled pork, mustard and pickles. Good sandwich.
Untraceable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #12
Johnny_Crunch
Babbling Farker

Great story, people are very passionate in their beliefs!

Old 07-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #13
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Dogs View Post
My taste buds just don't mix well with sweet baby rays. There's not much balance in the sauce when it comes to the flavor profile. To me a good, well built sauce is one that allows the consumer to experience different levels of flavor equally while not overpowering each other or the meat.

But that's just me.

www.doubledsbbq.com
Backwoods Patio Unit

Old 07-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #14
NorCal Q Man
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untraceable View Post
Love making mock cubans. pulled pork, mustard and pickles. Good sandwich.
Yum!

WSM 22.5"
Weber Genesis
NorCal Q Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #15
daninnewjersey
Babbling Farker

I think that's hilarious. Some people are very passionate about bbq......I bet his eyes almost popped out of his head.....great story.....