My Wife said "you should do some work around the house" So I built a UDS!

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Or THREE!

100_2246.jpg

I have had the center drum for awhile, but was waiting for a good day to paint, today was the day! Two coats of High-temp BBQ black and it's ready to cook!

The Green ones came courtesy of JD and Stockpot Soup! Unlined food grade Olive oil drums. The Weber lids fit great on these, but if you know me and my open drums, I cut a flange from the bottom of rustbucket kettles and they seal perfectly, and the rotisserie ring fits even better!

100_2247.jpg

Got my expando for the coal baskets, using the coal grate from a 22.5" kettle. I'll cut the expando in half and have enough for 2 more 10" baskets.

100_2248.jpg

I use the 3 hole intake and 1/2" Electrical box conduit plugs for fire control.

100_2254.jpg

I'm going to donate one for a BBQ cooking class door prize and do a Drum Smoker cooking demonstration in April.

Those look awesome!! Nice work. Still got to try the mod on the plugs!!

Dang Brian! 3? Craigslist special? You can make a nice profit, and buy more BBQ gear!:p

That's a cool idea on the plugs. I center drilled a couple of my plugs to give me some finer control. I also added a magnet to my side shelf to hold them.

That's a cool idea on the plugs. I center drilled a couple of my plugs to give me some finer control. I also added a magnet to my side shelf to hold them.

I drilled out a couple plugs like you suggested to "fine tune" the drum, but they are just so in control that I've never had the chance to use them yet.

I thought about ball valves on one of the drums, but I'm so used to the plugs, who needs the aggravation!

Looking Good! Simple is better. I should of used the KISS method :lol:

"WooHoo"...BGD's for everyone!!!:lol::lol::lol: Nice lookin' builds bro...so...what are we cookin' on for our comp practice next weekend? :twisted:

Back