• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment All American BBQ Bash, Ames, Iowa 9/3-9/4

musicmanryann

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Brethren-

I am very pleased to announce that once again we will be having The 2nd Annual All American BBQ Bash in Ames, on Labor Day Weekend, September 3rd and 4th! The contest is held in conjunction with the All American Weekend, which features many different events and activities for the whole family, including: a car show, 5k run, live music entertainment, Iowa State Football, fireworks and much more.

One notable change for this year's contest is that it will be held on the Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend, instead of Friday and Saturday. The hope is that this will allow more people to attend.
The contest will be held in the parking lots and streets near City Hall, located in the Historic Downtown Ames. This area offers many shopping, dining, and drinking establishments within walking distance of your cook-site.

We are guaranteeing a $10,000 payout to 10 places and will have unique trophies and ribbons, just as we had last year!

The judging list is already filling up quickly. If you a CBJ and are interested in judging this contest we would love to have you!

Please go to the link below for registration forms for cooking teams and judges. If you are interested, please fill it out and get it to me at your earliest convenience. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at aabb.ames@gmail.com, or seek further information at our website: www.visitames.com/allamericanweekend.

Thank you!

Ryan Newstrom
Contest Coordinator

Sounds pretty shaddy to me???? Look who was handing out awards.

Wife has that weekend book for her this year. But we'll work on her to free it up.

You did a great job with it last year Ryan and I'd suggest it to anyone looking for a contest.

Last edited:
Well with the Chest to Chest going away... we may have to travel North for our anniversary this year. ;)

Wouldn't miss it!!!! Good contest with plenty of things around to do!!

Will definitely be there...love to cook in hostile territory every chance I get :wink: Ryan and crew do a great job!

I agree with the comments above. Ryan, Travis, and the rest of their volunteers put on a great contest and the judging was near perfect:laugh::mod:

Its in a cool area, on pavement, great custom awards, and its organized by a cook who knows what we all want....hard to beat it!

We still have plenty of space for this one. If you are thinking about coming, let me know and I will get you pencil'd in.

Who else is in for this one? Good location, great money @ 10K, and great people...get in this one :becky:

We are now at 30 teams and more coming in this week. Still plenty of extra space. We would love to have any Brethren who can make it over! It is going to be a great contest!

It is a ways off, which for Iowa makes it akin toreading tarot cards, but NOAA has the following forecast for the weekend:

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 83.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 61.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.

Looks pretty darn good to me! :-D

• Thanks
Reactions: pat
The weather is looking even better now!

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 80.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 58.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 75.

We are now up to 32 teams with more coming in! Woo Hoo!!:becky:

Back