Boiling Hickory Chips

B

barbefunkoramaque

I have been looking everywhere. I have done it myself but where was that sauce recipe where someone boiled hickory chips first then strained to make a hickory flavored sauce?

I know of a great sauce that starts with boiling ribs. :boxing:

I found some Hickory Smoke Powder that I've yet to try. Ingredients? Barley malt flour and natural Hickory smoke flavor. Sounds like it's dehydrated liquid smoke! What could possibly be better on those boiled ribs?

I have been looking everywhere. I have done it myself but where was that sauce recipe where someone boiled hickory chips first then strained to make a hickory flavored sauce?

I know which one you are talking about..Its on the brethrens cookbook page and its called east texas hickory sauce

I dont know about boiling any chips.... you can make your own liquid smoke. Or find some quality stuff on the internet. But boiling wood for food. Thats absolutely rediculous. JMHO

Good source of fiber and they stay crunchy in milk.

You been hittin the foil again? "I heard that the use of aluminum foil can lead to early Alzheimer's."
I think I remember reading something about this. Just cant remember...hmmm

I make my sauce and then smoke it in a shallow pan, using hickory. I also smoke salt sea salt and kosher salt.

Thanks Joe is was printed in a cookbook too. I probably have it but am too lazy to find it. For those of you who think its stupid, maybe you should let a few years pass before coloring something gone in THIS forum just because your little nick of the woods has never heard of it.

The foil comment was funny... LOL Wonder where it came from?

LOL I also found it on page 79 of that book we were discussing a few months ago

I need the recipe to make about 55 gallons of it. I can't really throw a drum in my smoker.... it will smoke a 1000 pounds of meat but not 55 gallons of sauce.

this recipe is How they do it.

Pretty sure Ive seen it in this book right here.. I have never got around to making it though.
51G3CZjEUnL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Back