Roadside Chicken pron

H

hammerz_nailz

Decided to try this recipe finally. I substituted apple cider vinegar instead of white and added a little oregano. Grilled direct over stubbs briquettes and a few pieces of apple. Temp was about 330-350 or so and flipped and sauced every 10-15 mins. This chicken was really really good and will be making it this way again soon.

From the virtual weber bullet, posted by Bryan S:

1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup veg oil
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1 TBS Sea or Kosher salt
1 TBS white sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp celery salt
Mix/shake till well dissolved. I put mine in a old worcestershire bottle with the shaker top. You can marrinate the chicken in the sauce for up to 2-8 hrs before cooking. If so discard marinade and make fresh for the cooking sauce. I apply the sauce every 5 min to both sides and turn every 5-10 min. Apply one final coating 5 min before removing from the grill. You can't put too much sauce on while grilling. It will build up a nice layer of flavors. I use the kettle but i think it would do well on the WSM (Larry used it) with no water pan and a high heat cook. I usally add one small piece of apple wood while grilling also. Hope you like it. Enjoy
EDIT: If you are going to marinate the chicken first, then leave the oil out for the marinade proccess. Make up a fresh batch for basting the chicken with the oil in the sauce.

I picked up this basket on sale at Lowes. Giving it a try roasting some peppers for a salad.
20090926-IMG_7197.jpg

20090926-IMG_7209.jpg

20090926-IMG_7269.jpg

On the final flip the leg quarters came right apart.
20090926-IMG_7276.jpg

20090926-IMG_7302.jpg

Nice pron right there!
Gotta try me this one.

Everything looks great Hammerz!! Love the color on the bird....nice!:cool:
Also, thank you for the recipe!

Nice, that all looks great and thanx for sharing the recipe

The RS chicken looks wonderfull.

The smell of the that marinade coming off hot coals is worth making a batch all by itself......With or Without chicken.

Back