MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
Slicer021
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Quick question about UDS parts

Hey All. I am building my 1st UDS ( 1st smoker I will own as well ). I have recently purchased my 55g Food Grade drum. I just wanted to know if there were any particular websites or facilities that were recommended by the Brethren Community for getting parts and what not for my project? Just wanted to go to the sites that were supported by the Brethren 1st before I just picked up my stuff from a random website. Thanks in advance for any and all info.
Slicer021 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
sbrader
Found some matches.

I was able to get everything I needed at the local Menard's and Ace Hardware stores. I already had a step drill bit, so I have less than $50 in my UDS, including the drum!

My UDS is my first smoker, as well. I'm on my second smoke today. The first one was a butt last weekend that was a huge hit. I have ribs on today. I'm not so sure about these. I got a rub recipe from the 'Net and I'm reserving judgement until we eat.

Scott
sbrader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
KSroadliner
Knows what a fatty is.

I get all the fittings and stuff at Home Depot.
KSroadliner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #4
firefighter4634
is one Smokin' Farker

I usually hit Home Depot, they sell Weber grill parts and also have all the hardware and fittings needed.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

www.bigpoppasmokers.com is an advertiser here and a great place for BBQ stuff
Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ServSafe Food Handler Certified
[URL]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Custom-Que/327994370697180?sk=timeline[/URL]
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #6
NeuseRvrRat

where'd you get your drum? i live near Wilmington, but i'm originally from Goldsboro and i still make it up there to see family fairly often. my wife is from Nahunta, home of what they call the world's largest pork display
NeuseRvrRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Homo Depot or the local hardware(My first choice, I support independent local businesses)

Old 07-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #8
Slicer021

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuseRvrRat View Post
where'd you get your drum? i live near Wilmington, but i'm originally from Goldsboro and i still make it up there to see family fairly often. my wife is from Nahunta, home of what they call the world's largest pork display
Cool man I actually live in Nahunta about a mile from Nahunta Pork Center. There is a guy here in Nahunta that has some that I am picking up in the next couple days. He has alot of food grade but he is searching for one w/o the dreaded liner for me. Either way tho I will be getting one from him. Thanks for the replies everyone. I will check out Home Depot and/or Lowes as well as Bigpoppas. Just wanted to check with all of you for Brethren Supported places.
Slicer021 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #9
J-Rod
is One Chatty Farker

I second the local ma' and pa' hardware store. A good hardware store will have everything you need, save maybe a good temp guage, which I just ordered off fleabay.