Smoker Makeover... Will the artwork survive? y/n?

We didnt paint the fire box at all, But everything else has been pin striped.I will find out July 4th. I have a long cook to do. Cross your fingers :)

Looks great..hope it sticks! And if not, at least you managed to get some good pictures before it goes.

In a word: yes! I'm assuming the underlying black is a high temp like Rustoleum BBQ black. you will have some "loss" on he firebox that will need touch-up (I just oil mine w/peanut oil) from time to time but at normal BBQ temps (generally less than 350*) I'm thinking (based on experience with my pit) the discolored/burned paint won't go more than a couple inches from the firebox. I think your neat graphics are safe. Time will tell. Good luck!

In a word: yes! I'm assuming the underlying black is a high temp like Rustoleum BBQ black. you will have some "loss" on he firebox that will need touch-up (I just oil mine w/peanut oil) from time to time but at normal BBQ temps (generally less than 350*) I'm thinking (based on experience with my pit) the discolored/burned paint won't go more than a couple inches from the firebox. I think your neat graphics are safe. Time will tell. Good luck!

Yes sir its a few coats of hi temp paint. I sure hope it stays its pretty cool.:razz:

Looks good. I think you'll be fine, it's not like the cook chamber sees the high temps that the firebox does.

Back