Kettle Fried Thighs

This looks outstanding. Definitely on my to do list.

KJ.....did you use regular self rising flour or what. I’ve never seen chicken from a grill like that. .....totally blown away.
I used Pride of the West all purpose batter mix and added Slap Ya Mama to the batter to give the chicken a little kick. Whatever you normally like to use on fried chicken should work.

Looks great. How hot you cooking those? About how long?

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks great. How hot you cooking those? About how long?

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Grate temp was just over 400, time was 30-35min didn't't check the time when I put them on.

Last edited:
My best successes with KFC have been when I opened all the vents and went for the highest temps I could get.

That's what I do all vents wide open :thumb:
Makes for a simple, stress free cook, doesn't it? The only downside, for me, of KFC is that it doesn't freeze well if you want the crispness. That keeps me from doing it more often.

Going to be making some this weekend. Can't wait to try it.

Looks great! I do it all the time on my weber 330 gasser. all 3 burners a little higher than low @425degrees. Put them on the top rack for 12-15min flip for another 12-15 to 175ish internal temp. Turn out great everytime...I've done them twice this week:)

37209247195_983cfe0aba_b.jpg

32870346313_b2565af2ba_b.jpg

Looks great! I do it all the time on my weber 330 gasser. all 3 burners a little higher than low @425degrees. Put them on the top rack for 12-15min flip for another 12-15 to 175ish internal temp. Turn out great everytime...I've done them twice this week:)

37209247195_983cfe0aba_b.jpg

32870346313_b2565af2ba_b.jpg
They're addictive

Back