MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
AginAustin
Got Wood.

Default Kosmo's / Butcher's Injection

For our next competition, we were thinking about trying an injected brisket. We were thinking about just trying something "homemade" but I was curious what kind of flavors the Kosmo's and Butcher's injections add. We don't want to use anything that may be sweet. I was curious to see what the pro's had to say about the flavors of the injections.

Thanks in advance!
AginAustin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2010, 10:56 AM   #2
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

I've ordered both. Kosmos' came in. Still awaiting Butchers'. We're needing to do
a few run-throughs with chicken, so I'll do a few briskets for fun side-to-side and
see which one we like better. Something tells me we're going to have a tough
time deciding which one is better (from what I've read).
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #3
AginAustin
Got Wood.

Yeah, from what I've read here, both are fantastic. I've been really curious what kind of flavors each adds to the meat. I've learned a ton from the people on this board, and we've completely changed the way we season/cook our ribs based on a lot of the products I learned about here. I guess the next step is to see what we can do to our brisket...
AginAustin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

I haven't used Kosmo's. Butcher's product arrives as a powder. You can mix it with water, or any other liquid. The biggest difference in taste will come from what you mix it with.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #5
Mo-Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
I haven't used Kosmo's. Butcher's product arrives as a powder. You can mix it with water, or any other liquid. The biggest difference in taste will come from what you mix it with.

What kind of taste difference between the two with just water is there and if you have tried the beef and pork can you taste a difference.
Dave

Old 01-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo-Dave View Post
What kind of taste difference between the two with just water is there and if you have tried the beef and pork can you taste a difference.
Dave
As I said, I haven't tried Kosmo's injection. With the liquids I'm using with Butcher's product I can taste a difference, as well as notice a difference in tendnerness etc... What ANYONE chooses to mix it with is up to them and will help determine the ultimate flavor. I'd encourage folks that are curious to give it a try, no matter which product they choose to try. If I could find more time to cook I'd be trying a lot of stuff. As it is, I've found something that I'm VERY happy with.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote