MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #16
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrn View Post
Boshizzle - you didn't put a bit of shack sauce in them? I'm shocked!
I would love to have but I'm out. It would have been quite tasty! I need to make another batch.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #17
RevZiLLa
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshizzle View Post
Mine were a local supermarket brand (Food Lion). Walmart has some pretty good canned collards too. They used to cost about .25 cents per can. I don't know what they are going for nowadays as I try to stay away from Walmart. I hate going into those stores for some reason.
It's the pis of you that people post to WalmartPeople.com ....

I tried frozen and they were OK!

Brinkman water smokers (elec and charcoal)
Weber kettle grill
Uniflame Gold Stainless 5 burner propane grill / rotisserie
BBQ Grillware upright propane water smoker
A trench filled with wood coals and covered with chain link fence
RevZiLLa is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #18
Mo-Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshizzle View Post
These collards shouldn't be so tasty! I had to do a late lunch today. So, I poked around the pantry to see what I had and spotted this can of collard greens. I've been watching my diet lately so I thought I'd go for them but I decided to gussy them up a little.

I added about 1 1/2 tsp of bacon fat to a saucepan, added about 1/2 of a chopped medium sized onion along with a pinch of granulated garlic, a pinch of salt, and about 1/2 tsp of black pepper. I let the onions cook for a little while and then added the can of collards.

When everything was hot, I put some in a bowl and gave it a splash of Texas Pete. Wow, these things were surprisingly good!

I like to do this with just about any greens, mustard, turnip, collards, spinach, poulk or lambs quarter we pick in the summer. Sometimes if I think of it I cut up a turnip into small cubes and toss them in or parsnips. Have not tried the pete sauce but that sounds good and so does the shak sauce witch I happen to have. I usually use cider vinegar on all of them. Almost forgot I like to go with, fried potatoes, pan fried liver and onions.
Dave

Old 01-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #19
Carolina gamecock
On the road to being a farker

They cannery where they can the Glory brand collards as well as Margret Homes brands etc. is about 15 miles from my house and I pass it everyday going to work. When they can collards you can smell it for miles!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk