logo

New CBJ

NRA4Life

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I just went through Mike Lake's CBJ class today in Nelsonville, OH...very informative and a good time. Highly recommended!

I did the same thing in kettering today.
Great time, great learning experience.
Time to judge some q
greg

That is great Greg, I know you had a good time in that training. And congratulations on becoming a judge. How many folks were in your class? We had around 42 in ours.

we had 56 in our class.
congrats to you as well.
got any events lined up yet?
greg

Congrats to both off you! Grab a copy of the Bullsheet or go to KCBS.us and find some comps in your areas. Figure out which ones you want to judge & CALL the contact person as soon as you can (a lot of comps fill up early). Once you've been accepted to judge write down the name & number of the organizer or Rep and then if you're going to be late or have to cancell be sure to give them a call as soon as possible, they'll appreciate it.
Good luck & have fun!

Congrats to both off you! Grab a copy of the Bullsheet or go to KCBS.us and find some comps in your areas. Figure out which ones you want to judge & CALL the contact person as soon as you can (a lot of comps fill up early). Once you've been accepted to judge write down the name & number of the organizer or Rep and then if you're going to be late or have to cancell be sure to give them a call as soon as possible, they'll appreciate it.
Good luck & have fun!
Isn't it time you added the word "Master" to your sig line? :clap2:

Judging takes a commitment of time and money - but the rewards of ensuring that the competitors have competent CBJs is well worth it.

Congratulations to you both and I hope you have as much fun as Dave and I have in your BBQ judging adventures.

Isn't it time you added the word "Master" to your sig line? :clap2:

Shhhh! Don't jinx me, David! I sent the test in this week - wish me luck. And, yes we have had a lot off fun doing this, haven't we?

We did the one in Kettering as well. Once again, Jim Ferguson did an excellent job of organizing (with the help of many great volunteers!!!), and Mike Lake did a great job of teaching what judging is supposed to be! Definitely got a good feel of what the difference is between what us cooks think and what the judges that don't cook, think.

Overall A++

JayAre

We did the one in Kettering as well. Once again, Jim Ferguson did an excellent job of organizing (with the help of many great volunteers!!!), and Mike Lake did a great job of teaching what judging is supposed to be! Definitely got a good feel of what the difference is between what us cooks think and what the judges that don't cook, think.

Overall A++

JayAre

Just another reason we suggest that all cooks take the CBJ class. So many teams have improved their scores after taking the class.

"Walk a mile in my shoes" is an idiom that both cooks and judges should follow. We, as cooks, should attend a class and judge and we, as judges, should cook with/as a team. Makes all of us better.:wink:

Back