Jumbo Joe smoker build

AWilliams

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone here has done the Jumbo Joe smoker build with the 80 quart stock pot? How do you like it? Does it hold temps well? What kind of burn time can you get out of it? Does anyone have a link of the correct 80 quart stock pot to buy. They are expensive so I want to make sure I get the right one the first time . Would aluminum or stainless steel be better for the body? Thanks for any insight

I've made one. Probably my most used cooker. I'll look for the pot link.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks mcyork. Does the ball valve allow enough air in by itself or it it for use with a bbq controller?

The ball valve alone does not provide enough airflow. I usually have to crack open the bottom vent along with the ball valve if I'm not using a controller. I really like using it but for some reason I don't use it very often.

Thanks pj....it fits well? what burn times are you getting?
Fits very well. I cook everything 300 so I've never run out of coals. Actually have always had coals left over. I recommend the ball valve because it's easier to see than the vents on the bottom. I'll add a ball valve one day. Get the right drill bits and jigsaw blades for SS. Everyone complains about how difficult it is to drill and cut. I had no issues.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back