Feeling Better-May Survive- Smoker Belching

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Something ran through system. Went 48 hours liquid diet (mainly coconut water)And loaded up on restaurant rellanos and tamales. All systems go for 16 hours then back to liquid. Beautiful sunrise this morning after a great moon last night. Fired up the SOB. Light trim on a small Prime packer.

Brisket 10# USDA Prime
Trimmed and sprayed with duck fat
Fat side down Plowboys rub
Meat side up Southside Market
Lump Charcoal/Mesquite & Hickory wood
Smoking in a pan to catch juices for Chili later in week.

Kind of felt nauseated, but never was
Stomachache rumbled and aching but nothing there
No fever
Just out of sorts for a few days

Comeback in progress

Last edited:
Realized something was missing. Water pan.
Full confession. I’d been getting kind of lazy cooking brisket. Rudy’s BBQ is On the path to my mothers condo. Really easy to walk in side for half pound each of moist and lean and hit the fixings bar and pair with a coconut or siete tortilla. Our Rudy’s BBQ is solid as they come. Wife really likes their peppery smoked turkey.

Last edited:
Now we wait for heat and meat to do their thing.

Last edited:
My brother and his wife really like the Rudy's near them in Cibolo, TX.
I talked with their pitmaster when I was last there and she said they burn oak but it's fresh cut, not seasoned for any time at all.
Their food was decent the last time I was there but I still prefer my backyard stuff.
Might be because I'm cheap or just that I don't have to drive after all the liquid brain lube consumed while tending the fire!

My brother and his wife really like the Rudy's near them in Cibolo, TX.
I talked with their pitmaster when I was last there and she said they burn oak but it's fresh cut, not seasoned for any time at all.
Their food was decent the last time I was there but I still prefer my backyard stuff.
Might be because I'm cheap or just that I don't have to drive after all the liquid brain lube consumed while tending the fire!

You can hit Rudy’s load up on Rudy’s BBQ onions peppers etc brisket turkey and a link grab a sack of a Fritos and for some chili seasoning at home make a killer Frito Pie- On The Fly. No thinking ahead required:))

Looking great.
That moon was amazing last night!

I kind of had the crud myself! Must be something going around. Was thawing a brisket to smoke yesterday but now is on ice in a cooler and maybe Wednesday will have time to smoke it.

Kind of weird. “Kind Of” Bug. Kind of felt a lot of things I could not describe. I went to bed one night 8pm and slept til 7 am. Unusual for me as Im a 6/7 hour sleep at most person. I just basically quit eating started hydrating with coco water and Emergen C coffee and black seeds with maple syrup.

Coming along nicely

Last edited:
Fatty’s done. At 8 hours checked brisket for probe tenderness using my Thermapen. Point probed tender and Thermapen read 197*. The thickest part of flat still had minor but noticeable resistance and read 189*

Rotated 180 turned flat toward heat.

Smoke continues

Last edited:
Fatty looks awesomely good! Do you use any seasoning or bbq sauce on it?
We have been using Melvin Edes breakfast sausage with green chilis. Good stuff!

That brisket and fatty look delicious. I missed the moon last night. The back of my eye lids were blocking the view. :-D

Brisket Drippings aka Liquid Gold

Last edited:
Looks fantastic. I’ve got to ask though. What do you do with the drippings?

Back