Feeling Better-May Survive- Smoker Belching

Last edited:
Well damn. Now Im confused. A Primo that runs on lump, a pellet cooker that runs in duh-Pellets and the SOB. Briquettes Lump Chunks Sticks mix match any all. It’s really good. I had a nibble, wife ate a plate. Steely Dan comments. Y’all ever hear the song by Howlin Wolf? Yea that one. Blue moon in my eye.

Last edited:
Looks fantastic. I’ve got to ask though. What do you do with the drippings?

Pour drippings into container and into fridge. Forms it’s own seal. You can then scoop out the “jelly” and add to soups stew chili beans anything you can do with a bullion cube.

I’ve got a dedicated ice tray and sometimes I’ll pour the drippings in the tray and freeze. Then drop a cube or two into whatever I’m cooking. Adds great flavor to veggies too. I’ve also been known to stir a teaspoon into a Bloody Mary.

As you are cooking the brisket in a pan the whole time, do you get bark on the bottom that's sitting in the pan?

I know you mostly use brisket for other dishes so maybe the bark isn't important. I'm thinking of cooking my next brisket in a pan to get all the drippings but the misses has to have here bark :)

Great cook, fatty and brisket both look fab!

You are correct you do sacrifice some bark doing it this way. A rack giving at least an inch off the floor inside the pan will cure that and finish unwrapped till bark sets if you wrap. Also I trimmed very little. Mostly hard knuckle between cuts and made point aerodynamic. Seasoned pretty aggressive

I was watching a BBQ video the other day and as the guessing 40 to 50 briskets were being removed the juices were carefully being poured into a 5 gallon container from the wrapping. They are worth saving. Even if you don't do it every time the Brisket Jelly is good to have around

I was watching a BBQ video the other day and as the guessing 40 to 50 briskets were being removed the juices were carefully being poured into a 5 gallon container from the wrapping. They are worth saving. Even if you don't do it every time the Brisket Jelly is good to have around

I've actually collected brisket drippings to add to pulled beef prior to serving. HUGE beef kick!

Back