Big Juicy Bacon Cheeseburger With Fries and Rings

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Last night we decided to do burgers, although I asked The Missus if she wouldn't mind making some of her crispy world famous fries, as well as a few onion rings. She always obliges, me, I'm an awfully lucky guy!

I seasoned some freshly ground 80/20 with some Simply Marvelous Season All, then cooked them indirect for a bit:

IMG_4798.jpg

Meanwhile, the missus started on the fries:

IMG_4804.jpg

After the fries were done, she started the onion rings:

IMG_4816.jpg

While all that was happening in the kitchen, I needed to get back out to the grill:

IMG_4800.jpg

IMG_4812.jpg

Time to finish them up on the hot side:

IMG_4820.jpg

IMG_4819.jpg

After the burgers were almost done, I topped each one with cheese and put them back on the cool side of the grill so the cheese would get nice and melty.

When I brought the burgers inside, I was greeted by this:

IMG_4821.jpg

I wasted not a moment and started on building my burger:

IMG_4822.jpg

First, I topped the burger with a few onion rings:

IMG_4825.jpg

Then some nice thick bacon:

IMG_4826.jpg

And added a fresh slice of heirloom tomato from the garden:

IMG_4828.jpg

Finally, a nice slab of iceberg lettuce:

IMG_4830.jpg

And voila, my bacon onion ring cheeseburger is ready:

IMG_4831.jpg

It was delicious...all of it!

Can I just say Oh MY GAWD!!! I think I just saw what heaven looks like.

I absolutely LOVE a good cheese burger and that looks simply marvelous!! (yes pun intended...:thumb:)

oh man that is a thing of beauty i am very hungry now thans for sharing that

Dang Moose that looks good! Homemade burgers rank right up there as one of my most favorite and simple meals.

That looks awesome. Do you have a drive thru? Can't beat homemade burgers and fries.

Wow, absolutely delicious looking. I just gorged on wings and I want one. Why do I read food threads after eating :tsk:

That looks delicious...the 80/20 is the best IMHO. I love onion rings but always fall short of the quality yours seems to have...mind sharing how she does them?

Oh my does that ever look good!

I'll 2nd the request to hear how the onion rings and fries are prepared.

You know, it's not an easy task to nail homemade hamburgers. Those look awesome.

Beautiful. I had an idea to do a neighborhood block party in October, Blocktoberfest....we are gonna give everybody a 1lb. hunk of ground beef and let everyone do their own pounder. Giant buns and a plethora of toppings and goodies. Get everyone into it and have them all build a one pound burger. Burgers make the world go round.

Those burgers look fantastic. Homemade onion rings make it even better. Lucky you!

Yes....it all looks very good.

I don't know how Moose makes his Onion Rings.....but usually in order to get a nice
even coating like he has there; you need to use the "Dry-Wet-Dry" method of batter
application.

Dip the Onion Ring (chicken breast, tomato slice, zucchini slice etc.) into a seasond
flour....then dip it into the egg wash....then into the final batter coating that you
are using. This is the best way I know of to get a full even coating on whatever
you are frying.

Great pix of awesome food as usual, Moose! Y'all definitely got it good over there! :thumb:

Back