Help with a 7 bone pork loin roast

iamuzzyhunter

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I need to cook a 7 bone pork roast for tomorrow but have run into a little time crunch. Because of a breakdown at work today, I will be home 2 hours later than planned. How high could I safely cook this without turning it into shoe leather. I have done this before on my UDS at about 225. It normally takes about 3 hrs to get to 150 degrees. What do you think 325 to 350?

Robert

PM sent!

Im no expert on these things but im sure there are some others that will chime in here shortly.

Good Luck.

Robert, you should be fine cooking the loin at 325 or even 350, just as long as you watch the internal temp and don't let it go over 150 max. I would shoot for 145 myself, it will go higher on resting when cooked at a higher chamber temp.

Robert, you should be fine cooking the loin at 325 or even 350, just as long as you watch the internal temp and don't let it go over 150 max. I would shoot for 145 myself, it will go higher on resting when cooked at a higher chamber temp.

That will work great!
Pork and beef can take higher heats just fine.
But, ya gotta watch them because they shoot through "done" quickly!

Good Eats.

TIM

Thanks for the help. I will try to get some pics when it goes on in the morning.

Back