• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Its Official Shirley Order has been Placed.

Congrats on your new smoker. You're in for a long wait but you will be well awarded for your patience. You will pass a lot of your time here.

Congrats Vince!! You had the Shirley in you heart. Obviously a fine choice. :thumb:

Shoot I am the winner.. I got a down payment and some goodies... Thx brother... And as far as the build goes I can get it in April for sure possiblly sooner... Tylers list is longer than mine... I have a 35 day shutdown in the refinery to work starting in March... When you want it let me know... I'm thin in Jan/ Feb...

Thx again for the goodies... I will be sending you some southern love back!!!!! This is what our brother sent me.... Thx!!!!

Looks like you did it right..... I like the ash pan..... It saves on the firebox and makes life easy.... Easy is good. Seems like alittle thing. But you will be glad you did it.

Good decision! You will have plenty of time to change your specs. I'm hoping to make the trip to Tuscaloosa before Thanksgiving to bring mine home.
Congrats.:clap2:

Congrats!! Can't wait until I get to the point your at. Still saving my pennies....

Quick question: any reason for the insulated firebox?

Congrats!! Can't wait until I get to the point your at. Still saving my pennies....

Quick question: any reason for the insulated firebox?

Thanks. You will get there. Paul is awesome. Awesome no pressure, patient willing to answer any of your questions no matter if it leads to a purchase or not. One thing I remember most is after every email Paul would end it with take your time no rush.

In regards to the firebox. I went with the insulated firebox mainly for up keep cosmetically as less chance of rust and paint peeling due to the exterior of the firebox being insulated from the heat inside. And here in cali we have to pay much more for wood compared to some of our fellow brethren from other states.

Vince

Excited super Excited. After a few weeks of back and forth emails with Paul payment has been sent and received. The best part was the wifey actually paid the deposit. :becky::clap2::becky::becky::becky::becky:

Its been a few months now of looking at Shirley photos and threads to finally get a build together. Looked a lot at Pauls - Cooker build (PJtexas1) and Jason (Jason TQ) as a template along with a few others.

The current build spec after what feels like 500 changes is:

24" by 55" Cabinet Model w/ Warmer and Insulated Firebox Modified Trailer

+ Stainless Steel shelf in front of cook chamber
+ Straight Back Elevated w/ 3 Grates in cook chamber
+ Warmer w/ 3 grates-
+ Hip Roof on warmer
+ Folding shelf for side of warmer
+ 2 welded rods on top of cook chamber and warmer (got this idea from Scott Allen (thegrimguy)
+ 3 Temperature probes
+ Both Dampers
+ Wood basket in back of cook chamber
+ 3 tubes for holding large umbrella

Please guys let me know if I may be missing something. Probably going to ask Paul to add a ash pan for the firebox.

Still debating if I should add burners.

Wanted to thank Sako (SSV3) was debating between Shirley and a LSG vertical offset that I was interested in a few years back and Sako answered all of my questions and than some. In the end he said it will probably be a once in a life time purchase, so just go with what you want.

Thanks everyone for all the threads, photos and comments through out the years. I learned so much and now feel confident on taking a new challenge with wood cooking.:becky:

Vince

Welcome to the family!

Paul is building my cooker now to pick up first weekend of October. I'd recommend getting a spare tire mounted. Like Paul told me...it is cheap insurance. If you get a flat, 15 min and you're back on your way.

Paul is building my cooker now to pick up first weekend of October. I'd recommend getting a spare tire mounted. Like Paul told me...it is cheap insurance. If you get a flat, 15 min and you're back on your way.

Congrats. Yeah was also thinking about the spare but this trailer is mainly going to be for home use with the occasional visit to family or friends. Choose to skip and use the funds on other options.:becky:

Its quite a while before mine comes in. How are containing your excitement.

Vince

Congrats Vince!! You had the Shirley in you heart. Obviously a fine choice. :thumb:

Thank you Sako again for taking the time to provide me with so much information about your LSG veritical offset. Hopefully next year when she arrives, I can bring her by for a LSG Shirley cookout. Would be awesome to check LSG in action.

Congrats!

Sub'd for all the pics to come.

Thank you.

Looks like you did it right..... I like the ash pan..... It saves on the firebox and makes life easy.... Easy is good. Seems like alittle thing. But you will be glad you did it.

Have been thinking about that as well and will probably send Paul a message to add it into the build. Thanks.

Congrats on the new cooker!!!

Thank you

Good decision! You will have plenty of time to change your specs. I'm hoping to make the trip to Tuscaloosa before Thanksgiving to bring mine home.
Congrats.:clap2:

Thank you and congrats on yours as well. Cant wait for the pron when shes picked up.

Vince

Shoot I am the winner.. I got a down payment and some goodies... Thx brother... And as far as the build goes I can get it in April for sure possiblly sooner... Tylers list is longer than mine... I have a 35 day shutdown in the refinery to work starting in March... When you want it let me know... I'm thin in Jan/ Feb...

Thx again for the goodies... I will be sending you some southern love back!!!!! This is what our brother sent me.... Thx!!!!

Thank you Paul. The updated schedule sounds awesome. April - May sounds perfect. I will definitely let you know.

:becky:I might be sending you a message sometime today about adding in the ash pan for the firebox. Thanks Paul..:becky:

Vince

What's this Shirley you speak of? I'm looking for a new everyday quickie...

Shirley Fabrication is a Metals Fabricator in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. You can do a search for Shirley Cookers and there will be lots of photos and threads about the awesome smokers they build.

They are 2nd to none as builders and people... 1st rate all the way. Definitely give Paul and Tyler a call if you want a smoker built.

You can also visit them at: www.shirleyfabrication.com

Vince

Congrats Vince. I sent my deposit to Tyler back in June, and my build is scheduled for the second slot in March. Wish I knew that Paul was doing builds as well with a shorter wait time. Oh well.

Sounds like a dream cooker. A Shirley is in my 5 year plan. I was looking at Lang and Shirley, looks like Shirley is better suited for my needs. Well wants. :D

Congrats Vince. I sent my deposit to Tyler back in June, and my build is scheduled for the second slot in March. Wish I knew that Paul was doing builds as well with a shorter wait time. Oh well.

TCV21 beat me to it. Paul has a different schedule with this work at the refinery. I believe he announced on their facebook account that Paul would not be taking any orders until next year.

But congrats on your upcoming smoker.

Vince

Sounds like a dream cooker. A Shirley is in my 5 year plan. I was looking at Lang and Shirley, looks like Shirley is better suited for my needs. Well wants. :D

The shirley crew will be ready when you are ready. No pressure at all.

Needs wants same thing....:becky::becky::becky::becky::becky:

Paul does builds but they are usually the smaller ones given his shift at the refinery.

tcv21 beat me right too it. Thanks

Vince

Back