• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Putting Green

SmokeMeTender

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
As a certified judge, some of the turn-in boxes look wonderful. Do you place a layer of shredded lettuce below the parsley or just a layer of parsley to form the putting green? Just wondering how everyone makes a wonderful turn-in boxes. :p

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

Now I see how you guys make things look perfect. Do you use the shredded iceberg lettuce that is already shredded (you buy at the store)? This looks like it is very time consuming and a lot of work - we are blessed as judges. :lol:

Thats great except for the fact that as a certified judge you are not supposed to be judging the garnish.

This looks like it is very time consuming and a lot of work - we are blessed as judges. :lol:

I'm slow and don't make a lot of them. It's wouldn't be unusual for me to spend 60+ minutes making a single box.

Now I see how you guys make things look perfect. Do you use the shredded iceberg lettuce that is already shredded (you buy at the store)? This looks like it is very time consuming and a lot of work - we are blessed as judges. :lol:
I'm getting better. If the parsley is good quality I can do 4 boxes in under 2 hours. One contest it was over 3 hours. So while others party Friday night I'm doing boxes. But it does make a nice box.

I tear up about 1 large leaf of green lettuce for the bottom of each box.

TPP, thanks for that info and especially the pictures! Gotta be one of the most useful bits of info I've found here in a while!

First, thanks a bunch for the information.

How do you keep the parsley fresh and unwilted until turn-ins start? I suppose laying a couple damp paper towels on top would help, but is there a specific method?

Thanks again,
John

First, thanks a bunch for the information.

How do you keep the parsley fresh and unwilted until turn-ins start? I suppose laying a couple damp paper towels on top would help, but is there a specific method?

Thanks again,
John

If you make the boxes the morning of, place the boxes in a cooler until turn-in. If made the night before, lay a damp paper towel on top of the parsley and then place in a cooler.

The box I pictured lasted for 6 days in my fridge without any wilting using a damp paper towel.

Priceless knowlege there Paul.:-D

Major thanks!:eusa_clap

Mods, I'm thinking this should be put in the Road Map section.

Back