MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #241
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

I like this one too...

[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog

Thanks from: --->

Old 02-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #242
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMista View Post
Wanted to jump in and give a special thank you Dubbaga, Diesel Dave, Campdude and anyone else who's helping to keep this post going. The page won't allow us to use the word discount but just know there will be discounts ranging from 6mos to 3yrs on our shipped products (rubs, t-shirts, and whatever else we decide to start shipping) and our restaurant for anyone visiting. So say a prayer give thanks for what we've accomplished thus far.
We are doing our best so far!

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #243
Wornslick
is one Smokin' Farker

I'm in, glad to help.

Good Luck to you both Mr. & Mrs. Mista!!!!

Baby Stumps

Blue Weber, with a table

" The sunshine bores the daylights out of me "

Old 02-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #244
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Thanks a lot Wormslick Good on you Brother

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe

Old 02-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #245
peeps

Glad to be the alternate face of this campaign

bump!
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]

Old 02-04-2014, 08:07 PM   #246
Offthehook
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps View Post
Glad to be the alternate face of this campaign

bump!
Thanks! Bump

Old 02-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #247
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Maybe the restaurant will be able to host a pig pickin' soon. Got to love the Brethren spirit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyIflNshHF8#t=169

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)

Old 02-04-2014, 10:57 PM   #248
gtr

SoCal locals - have you let your friends know about the kickstarter? I just sent an e-mail to all my friends because I know they'd love to have a place like Big Mista's to eat at. Spread the word brothers!
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?

Old 02-04-2014, 11:03 PM   #249
MHLY01
Got rid of the matchlight.

Are you set on kickstarter or open to equity for investments?

Old 02-04-2014, 11:48 PM   #250
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

T T Nite Nite brethren... hopefully when I wake there will be good news on the Kickstarter pledge update

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rant-build-out

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Old 02-05-2014, 04:33 AM   #251
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Folks this is a very important thing to the Brethren and we need to help Bigmista out.
I'm not sure if everyone understands that if they don't hit the 30k goal they get none of the pledges.
That's the way kickstarter works.

So come on folks if you can pledge a $10 or $20, more if it's possible for you.

Once again a big thanks to all that have pledged

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe

Old 02-05-2014, 06:46 AM   #252
deguerre

Two hours later bump...
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog

Old 02-05-2014, 06:58 AM   #253
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

update: as of 2/5/14 at 4:47am PST the project has 91 backers with $9,123 pledged, and 16 days to go... the past 24hrs = 1 new backers, with $10 pledged. Now this project needs an average of $1,304.81/day for the next 16 days

The numbers from yesterday need no further comment. We still have 16 days to go, and that is more than enough time to get things moving in the right direction.

“Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles. Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost.” - Helen Keller

Over the past few days some of us have commented about why it is important to us to see Bigmista/MrsMista succeed with this project, now it is your turn. Hopefully your words/pictures will motivate someone to pledge, and make the dream one step closer to becoming a reality.

Old 02-05-2014, 07:21 AM   #254
deguerre

I'm trying to stir things up in the WP too.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #255
oifmarine2003
Babbling Farker

I pm'd Bigmista about this but I think he should put this on http://www.gofundme.com/

I think it gets as much or more traffic as the kickstarter site but I don't think there is a fundraising deadline.

Closed Thread