MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #286
NickTheGreat
is Blowin Smoke!

Sensational! I wish I had the space for something like this. My best area for an outdoor cooking space is underneath a raised deck. Probably not good for this, eh?

Old 05-14-2013, 07:40 AM   #287
stephan
is one Smokin' Farker

looks great, very nice work
stephan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #288
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Thank you guys, really appreciate it.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #289
dajogejr
On the road to being a farker

V-Wiz...that oven is absolutely amazing.
I could sit and watch it cook all day (obviously, flipping pizzas in and out..lol) while drinking Cervezas and staring at that beautiful mountain scenery in the back ground.

Well done sir, well done.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #290
gaspipe1
Full Fledged Farker

I just had to look at this whole thread again from page 1, amazing my good man! I would never in a million years attempt something this large. you should be very very proud of the work you guys did. To be honest I would have been happy a few pages back before the insulation and plaster cover... thanks for sharing
gaspipe1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #291
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
Sensational! I wish I had the space for something like this. My best area for an outdoor cooking space is underneath a raised deck. Probably not good for this, eh?

Ya that would not be a good idea. lol

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #292
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajogejr View Post
V-Wiz...that oven is absolutely amazing.
I could sit and watch it cook all day (obviously, flipping pizzas in and out..lol) while drinking Cervezas and staring at that beautiful mountain scenery in the back ground.

Well done sir, well done.

. Thanks man. I wish i could do just that very soon. I still have to finish the floor of the backyard. Brick,stone and pavers.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #293
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspipe1 View Post
I just had to look at this whole thread again from page 1, amazing my good man! I would never in a million years attempt something this large. you should be very very proud of the work you guys did. To be honest I would have been happy a few pages back before the insulation and plaster cover... thanks for sharing

Thanks man.... The insulation is deffinetly needed to keep the oven hot for days, and you must cover the insulation, trust me im all up for keeping it simple and getting it done. Im sick of putting my Saturdays to work under the burning sun. It was 100F over the weekend.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #294
rcbaughn
Full Fledged Farker

Yeah, first day bake Neapolitan pizzas in 90 seconds, and over the next few days bake some amazing loaves of bread on the cool-down. Gosh you're gonna have so much fun with that thing.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #295
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

I hope you don't mind me posting this, but just for perspective, you were here in January.
For a "weekend warrior", you're moving along at an amazing pace.

Bob in St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #296
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbaughn View Post
Yeah, first day bake Neapolitan pizzas in 90 seconds, and over the next few days bake some amazing loaves of bread on the cool-down. Gosh you're gonna have so much fun with that thing.

Lol ya that is the plan, Pizzas, then bread, then long slow roasting of pork shoulders, brisket, whole suckling pigs, lamb etc.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:19 PM   #297
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
I hope you don't mind me posting this, but just for perspective, you were here in January.
For a "weekend warrior", you're moving along at an amazing pace.

Oh man, ya considering ive only worked on this only Saturdays its been pretty productive. Thanks for posting, made me realize it was just a few months ago.

Thanks from: --->
Old 05-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #298
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

Yea, what you've done in three months of weekends is nothing short of jawdropping.
Any idea of what something like this would have cost to have built by a pro oven builder?
Bob in St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #299
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
Yea, what you've done in three months of weekends is nothing short of jawdropping.
Any idea of what something like this would have cost to have built by a pro oven builder?

A pro oven builder? Im not sure but ive seen adds on craigslist going for 4-6k if not mistaken. Thats just the oven. The outdoor area grill oven etc would probably cost 15- 20k if someone else were to do it.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #300
NickTheGreat
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-wiz View Post
A pro oven builder? Im not sure but ive seen adds on craigslist going for 4-6k if not mistaken. Thats just the oven. The outdoor area grill oven etc would probably cost 15- 20k if someone else were to do it.
That sounds about right. We're getting married this fall at a winery that is just putting in an oven. They got the oven for free from a friend, but it still sounded like an expensive gift.

But for a guy who wants wood-fired pizza at his wedding, it works out nice

Thanks from:--->