23 Sin City Smokers
24 The Arizona Kid
25 BBQ Castaways
26 Otis and the Bird
27 Rub-A-Dubb Butts
28 Keggers
29 Old Man and the Pig
30 Swimmin in Smoke

Does anyone know what happened to Sodbusters in the Pork category? Looks like they were rolling towards a top 7 finish. I'm guessing they were DQ'd for some reason.

Congrats to all that walked and made the final 7.

Does anyone know what happened to Sodbusters in the Pork category? Looks like they were rolling towards a top 7 finish. I'm guessing they were DQ'd for some reason.

I was wondering that too. Congrats to all who walked.
How well was the contest organized? Cooker friendly?

Congrats to the GC, RGC, and all who got the call! Also to Vince & Alexa & McFrankenboo (our Jack neighbors)...give 'em hell at the regionals! :thumb:

Last edited:

They never turned in. Forgot about the category.

I was wondering that too. Congrats to all who walked.
How well was the contest organized? Cooker friendly?

Event was very organized. Awards at 4pm. All services..power..water...all set up on time. Only difficult thing is no public sampling. Constantly had folks looking to sample food.

You're kidding about forgetting pork right? What really happened?

They forgot and never turned in. I spoke with the guys. It was their first event, and they just forgot. Thats the truth.

I'm not kidding.

Did they forget to cook it altogether, or just forget to turn it in? You would think the gap in the turn in schedule would be a tip off. How weird, and what a shame for them.

I am glad to hear the event went well. I am a bit nervous about how ours will be handled this weekend. The event director is very experienced, but it sounds like he is in the dark on a lot of the smaller details that he normally has to handle (like power and water etc).

Did they forget to cook it altogether, or just forget to turn it in? You would think the gap in the turn in schedule would be a tip off. How weird, and what a shame for them.

I am glad to hear the event went well. I am a bit nervous about how ours will be handled this weekend. The event director is very experienced, but it sounds like he is in the dark on a lot of the smaller details that he normally has to handle (like power and water etc).

Cooked..Not turned in.

I really enjoyed my first comp in AZ. Everyone treated us well and were really friendly. Now if I could just figure out how they like their chicken and ribs...

Congrats to everyone....

Event was very organized. Awards at 4pm. All services..power..water...all set up on time. Only difficult thing is no public sampling. Constantly had folks looking to sample food.

I had read the Sam's Club website, and it sounds like we will be handing out samples and giving cooking lessons.... :shocked: I shot our rep an email with a link to their site, as well as copied and pasted the parts that sounded like we were giving out samples and lessons.... he said he forwarded it to the upper channels.... hopefully they get it straightened out before Greensboro....

I really enjoyed my first comp in AZ. Everyone treated us well and were really friendly. Now if I could just figure out how they like their chicken and ribs...

Don't ask me.
Shrug.

We thought we turned in 4 good categories. The judges told us we turned in 2 bad catergories and 2 mediocre ones.

Congrats to everyone....

I had read the Sam's Club website, and it sounds like we will be handing out samples and giving cooking lessons.... :shocked: I shot our rep an email with a link to their site, as well as copied and pasted the parts that sounded like we were giving out samples and lessons.... he said he forwarded it to the upper channels.... hopefully they get it straightened out before Greensboro....

KCBS is sponsoring and doing the demos and samples.

Tom, I thought that a "no turn in" woiuld be a 0, where as a DQ is a 20?

Whatever the case, those guys can cook.

No idea about the scoring. They said they forgot to turnin. I don't have the score sheets.

KCBS is sponsoring and doing the demos and samples.

I understand that, but here is the link to Sam's club.... see what you read as it states.....
http://www3.samsclub.com/meals/bbq

here is the statement under the KCBS banner section right above the schedule..... this is reference to what I am saying.....

There’s something for everybody at the Inaugural Sam’s Club National BBQ Tour events. Besides samplings, you can get exclusive barbecue tips and demonstrations from professional cooks, including Troy Black. And you get the excitement of seeing top cooks from your area go head to head for the chance to win big. Check out the schedule and get ready to have some fresh-off-the-grill fun.

I understand that, but here is the link to Sam's club.... see what you read as it states.....
http://www3.samsclub.com/meals/bbq

here is the statement under the KCBS banner section right above the schedule..... this is reference to what I am saying.....

There’s something for everybody at the Inaugural Sam’s Club National BBQ Tour events. Besides samplings, you can get exclusive barbecue tips and demonstrations from professional cooks, including Troy Black. And you get the excitement of seeing top cooks from your area go head to head for the chance to win big. Check out the schedule and get ready to have some fresh-off-the-grill fun.

Troy was in Gilbert with a sweet RV and Jambo pit. He was cooking food Saturday and giving out samples. We were told no samples to the public. Only family and friends.

Back