4th of July Dinner – Chicken 2 Ways

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I had found some Chicken thighs and drums on sale for $.67 per lb. I purchase 3 packages to stock up. We had hoped to have our neighbors over to share this. Unfortunately those plans fell through so I cooked them up anyways and will divide up into individual dinner portions and use them up over time. I did half of them in the Mexican style Piernitas de Pollo Marinadas.
(Link to recipe: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231850)

Here’s the marinate mixed up.

Chicken in

and bagged up for a rest.

The other half I just seasoned with some Durkee Smokey Mesquite seasoning. Around 3:30 I lit up the grill and the chicken was on by 4:00. Piernitas de Pollo Marinadas on the right and Smokey Mesquite on the left.

With the drippings they are grilled and slightly steamed at the same time.

I turned them approximately every 10 minutes.

After the fourth turn they were done and I started removing them.

Here it is plated up out on our patio table with some potato salad and some Mexican corn. (Elote)

After dinner I put in a batch of pre-made Chocolate Chip cookies for dessert.

Wonderful meal and beautiful day.
Thanks for looking.

That chicken turned out perfect!

Looks great DH. Must be nice to be able to eat outside. We have been in the 100's here lately, and with the humidity, it feels even hotter.

Looks great DH. Must be nice to be able to eat outside. We have been in the 100's here lately, and with the humidity, it feels even hotter.
Thank you Terry. Eating out on our patio was a real treat. The weekend before it hit 104 out there in the shade. AC was on 24/7. We then had a nice cooling trend and haven't had it on in a week and it's supposed to remain nice for the next 10 days or so. :thumb:

tumblr_m9e85mctOn1r2zxn0.gifc200_zpsmy0muecz.gif

28073653626_0fd3e0c723_b.jpg

Back