MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #271
bigluelok
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

congrats on your new venture
bigluelok is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 07-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #272
Murray in N.Z.
On the road to being a farker

So how does your daily schedule look.. if'n you are doing lunch time trade and it takes 5 hrs for H&F then you must be firing up around 06:00, 1/2 an hour to allow coals to settle and UDS to defrost,, 5 hrs to cook and them pulling time for 12:00 lunch time rush.
Put more on for the evening rush .. finish at about 19-20:00hrs and its been a damn long day... or are you doing it differently?

Muzza in Perth for a bit.
Murray in N.Z. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2013, 04:53 AM   #273
bbqgeekess
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
As a customer, I'd be happy to open that box.
Me too, wow look at that smoke ring. Looks juicy too. The mom & pop shack I went to recently here in Tulsa offered a brisket sandwich. I got it and bit into it: dry, not salty enough in the middle, and bark tasted both of fish and petrol.

I just know your business is gonna do crazy well -- as long as you offer hot, juicy, smokey yummy food! People love BBQ heh.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #274
QN
is one Smokin' Farker

I will be there next Thursday to check it out in person. Looking forward to it. I'll be in Fairbanks to judge the Alaska state championship on July 21.
22" Weber
Weber Summit SS natural gas
QN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #275
aawa
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by QN View Post
I will be there next Thursday to check it out in person. Looking forward to it. I'll be in Fairbanks to judge the Alaska state championship on July 21.
Take pictures of the food and give us a critique!

Old 07-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #276
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Just catching up on this thread. T-minus 30 days and counting
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #277
luke duke
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray in N.Z. View Post
So how does your daily schedule look.. if'n you are doing lunch time trade and it takes 5 hrs for H&F then you must be firing up around 06:00, 1/2 an hour to allow coals to settle and UDS to defrost,, 5 hrs to cook and them pulling time for 12:00 lunch time rush.
Put more on for the evening rush .. finish at about 19-20:00hrs and its been a damn long day... or are you doing it differently?

Muzza in Perth for a bit.
I'm guessing that he's firing up closer to 4am.
luke duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #278
QN
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Lunch today...

Beautiful day In Fairbanks today. Went by BurlesQ and picked up a pulled pork sandwich and sliced brisket plate. This is not intended to be competition barbecue; it is what I call eating barbecue. Given that, sliced brisket was pretty dry, but did have good flavor. Slaw was very soupy; bottom of the barrel. Beans were pretty good. Interesting bread choice for pork sandwich. Pork was also somewhat dry (difficult to hold cooked meat ready to serve and keep moisture). I'm sure meats were much better when fresh cooked. Overall, reasonable price for the area and nothing bad. Tried mustard sauce, shack sauce (vinegar) and competition sauce. Did not try the sweet sauce. Sauces were OK, nothing great.
22" Weber
Weber Summit SS natural gas

Last edited by QN; 02-09-2021 at 03:12 PM..
QN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #279
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I imagine it is a bit challenging to keep the meat moist for long periods especially in such a small setup. One thing I can already appreciate is he doesn't just soak everything in sauce to hide the loss of moisture. Still, that looks better than some of the crap I have gotten at "big time chain" BBQ places. Looking forward to giving it a try myself. I can tell you, when we are up in Alaska, we are out of touch for days on end and after a week on a river or on the tundra, this would be a feast worth killing for.
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2013, 01:40 AM   #280
pwa
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by QN View Post
Beautiful day In Fairbanks today. Went by BurlesQ and picked up a pulled pork sandwich and sliced brisket plate. This is not intended to be competition barbecue; it is what I call eating barbecue. Given that, sliced brisket was pretty dry, but did have good flavor. Slaw was very soupy; bottom of the barrel. Beans were pretty good. Interesting bread choice for pork sandwich. Pork was also somewhat dry (difficult to hold cooked meat ready to serve and keep moisture). I'm sure meats were much better when fresh cooked. Overall, reasonable price for the area and nothing bad. Tried mustard sauce, shack sauce (vinegar) and competition sauce. Did not try the sweet sauce. Sauces were OK, nothing great.
Thanks for stopping in, I showed my son (the Boy working, the Lady was on her second day.... still not an excuse) the review and pictures. The brisket, slaw, and PP are unacceptable and he knows it... soon as I showed him the pic he knew it. I have the reserved juices he's supposed to add to the meat to help keep it moist. Glad your up here. I'll be cooking at the comp as well. I'm sorry that went out the door it really shouldn't have.

Clint
WIFI Stoker
Custom Trailer Offset

Owner of BurlesQ BBQ shack
BurlesQ BBQ Facebook
BurlesQ BBQ website
pwa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2013, 01:41 AM   #281
pwa
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
Just catching up on this thread. T-minus 30 days and counting
Looking forward to it Brad!!
WIFI Stoker
Custom Trailer Offset

BurlesQ BBQ Facebook
BurlesQ BBQ website

Old 07-19-2013, 02:09 AM   #282
pwa
is One Chatty Farker

This is what you should have gotten :

Slicing up a brisket

WIFI Stoker
Custom Trailer Offset

BurlesQ BBQ Facebook
BurlesQ BBQ website

Old 07-19-2013, 06:54 AM   #283
slammmed
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwa View Post
Thanks for stopping in, I showed my son (the Boy working, the Lady was on her second day.... still not an excuse) the review and pictures. The brisket, slaw, and PP are unacceptable and he knows it... soon as I showed him the pic he knew it. I have the reserved juices he's supposed to add to the meat to help keep it moist. Glad your up here. I'll be cooking at the comp as well. I'm sorry that went out the door it really shouldn't have.

Clint
Very glad to hear that a business is not only listening to their customers but acknowledging their faults and stating what they are doing to prevent it in the future. If i;m ever in fairbanks I know where i'm goin :)
slammmed is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #284
aawa
Babbling Farker

It is definitely nice to see Clint take full responsibility of what you thought wasn't good food. I hope you are able to meet up with him and who knows maybe he will make it right and give you a brisket plate and pulled pork sammich the way it should be done at his shack!

Old 07-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #285
DA-Bucks
Got Wood.

I'm brand new to this site, but I've read every post in this thread. What an awesome undertaking and it's fascinating to watch how you purchased the shack, moved it, and turned it into a BBQ stop. So good to see how hard work can make something amazing happen.
DA-Bucks is offline   Reply With Quote