New to Old School!!!!

B

BigdogEMT

Ok! After a long time of searching for a used Weber Kettle on Craigslist, with no luck, I broke down and bought a 22.5" ar the blue box today!!!

Now my question is, do I need to season it or anything before I cook on her tonight?

Terry

New Weber Guy

No need to season a Weber kettle since it's porcelain coated steel. Just wash the cooking grate and let it burn for a little while after you fire it up so you burn off any residues that might be on it.
Good luck!

No need to season a Weber kettle since it's porcelain coated steel. Just wash the cooking grate and let it burn for a little while after you fire it up so you burn off any residues that might be on it.
Good luck!

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, Wash the cooking grate and fire that baby up. Just did that last night at my son's new home in Ormond Beach, New 22.5 Gold out of the box cooking steaks in 30 minutes. WooHoo

Thanks!!!! Just going to throw on some nice boneless pork chops with a bit of KC rib rub, and maybe some asparagus!

Terry

Your gonna love your new toy. I use my kettle at least three to four times a week. If you get any extra change get the rotisserie to go with it. You'll never regret buying either one.

Yep, one great toy, that's for sure. I've got the rotiss and a Smokalator for mine, makes it a really do-anything type of machine.

Congrats! That is quite possibly the greatest cooking invention ever created by man!:cool:
No fire was the best ever created invention!

And Congratulations on the new purchase, We better see some pictures!

Back