Discussion Thread -> BBQ Brethren "Berry Me!" (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Berry Me!"

Berries & BBQ: It's What's For Dinner! :becky:

As chosen by Redhot for her winning entry and triumphant return in the "Breakfast" Throwdown."

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Redhot said:
"Berry Me!" would be a great summertime TD category. And, me loving berries, would get to see some very creative ways to use them. :becky:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/21 through Sunday 6/30.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 7/1.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Last edited:
That sounds oddly familiar...almost as if I had insider information...

I smell dingleberries.

Oops... OT, quality only. Silly me.

Hey, cucumbers are epigynous berries, so that means pickles are too...

Well, false ones anyway...

So, this is a Girls only Throw Down?

OK, since you put it that way, no dingleberries may be used as an ingredient. There, that should allow all you dingl-I mean guys to enter too. :heh:

So now the special rules come in...:mmph:. I have never cooked without Dingleberries.............never. I suppose if I want to use my Huckleberry that's out to...........:crazy: So what is the approved list of berries allowed...:noidea:

Hope I can use a Gooseberry or at least a Rubis ursinus.............:becky:

So now the special rules come in...:mmph:. I have never cooked without Dingleberries.............never. I suppose if I want to use my Huckleberry that's out to...........:crazy: So what is the approved list of berries allowed...:noidea:

Hope I can use a Gooseberry or at least a Rubis ursinus.............:becky:

I'm thinking as long as you aren't harvesting by wedgie, you're probably OK.

With the talk of people entering entries that don't fit the contest, I had a clarifying question to ask?

Do the berries have to be done on the grill/smoker or just go along with something that was done on the grill/smoker?

That question didn't sound either non-quality or possibly delinquent.:tsk:

However, I'm already thinking of several things involving smoke and berries directly.

That question didn't sound either non-quality or possibly delinquent.

However, I'm already thinking of several things involving smoke and berries directly.

Sorry I will work on being more delinquent and everything I do is non-quality

But challenge accepted- berries directly with smoke can be done

Sorry I will work on being more delinquent and everything I do is non-quality

But challenge accepted- berries directly with smoke can be done

Since the category description did not specify, or include any special rules, then either way would be acceptable. :thumb:

Since the category description did not specify, or include any special rules, then either way would be acceptable. :thumb:

I was trying to avoid using the S R words for fear of Moosing this one too early.

I was trying to avoid using the S R words for fear of Moosing this one too early.

I must confess, I do miss those special rules...:mrgreen:

Remember the Caveman TD from last year?

:wacko:

Back