Reaction score
Smokin Guns Hot
Blues hog
Maple syrup
Butter
Apple Juice
Turninado sugar
Cook perefectly and turn in!

Not the best looking box we ever turned in but to get 5's holy chit!

Last edited:
Those dont look like DAL ribs. The gouge in the middle rib is unfortunate, but they look pretty good.

Maple Syrup? This wasn't a NEBS event was it? :icon_shy

That's amazing to think those are the worst out of 37 teams. Did you soak them in bleach?

5's in everything pretty much. I had one 9 in appearance, they obviously didnt see te middle ****ty rib! So I think the judging was out of line from all angles, 9 and 5's= pathetic

I am anything but a sore loser but after I was approached and spoke to some of the people involved with judging and the kcbs. I have reason to believe that there was a mess up in the tent! That is just my thoughts and I really dont care because its over. But I think they know there was a problem. I didnt complain it was brought to me.

5's in everything pretty much. I had one 9 in appearance, they obviously didnt see te middle ****ty rib! So I think the judging was out of line from all angles, 9 and 5's= pathetic

Must have hit the same table as my pork shoulder.

i know a little something about DAL ribs-been there, done that- and those HAD to taste better than mine!

Really??? :rolleyes:

Saw your score last night and thought for sure you just missed a turn in.

Theres no reason for low scores with that presentation ot that taste profile (minus the added sweet). Must have been a mistake, right? :crazy:

Must have hit the same table as my pork shoulder.

That's what I was thinking after reading both posts.

Why would a KCBS official come to your site and make a comment about your ribs. Were they called to the table to discuss the box so they knew they were your ribs?

Sucks even more when you pull a 2nd, 3rd and 5th in the other categories.

I was scratching my head about that since reading the results when they got posted yesterday. Then you mention the KCBS official visit and ????
WTF did they do drop your box onto the table/floor?

you still use blues hog on ribs? thats about as popular these days as lettuce for that salad in the box

Back