• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Help with a cooker for Rosarito Q

HoDeDo

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Folks I need a little help! I am going to be cooking the Rosarito Q in August, and had lined up Larry Hill's FEC 500 for use that weekend.... and unfortunately just found out it was in an accident... And will likely not be ready to use by August.

Does anyone have a cooker that they would let me use for the contest that weekend? Obviously I perfer pellet cookers... but I am wide open :)

We're really excited about heading out that way, But flying in is going to be key, as I dont have enough vacation to cover a drive with my gear in tow. It would essentially add 4-5 days to the trip.

Anyone have any ideas for me??

We are competing or I would loan you the WholeHog and Memphis Pro, Lord knows they would perform better in your hands than ours...

It might help folks here in CA if they had a little more info..Are you flying into San Diego or TJ? I think a lot of folks are not going to have the passport or CA ID card to get back across the border and are either not going to take the effort to get one, or will wait to long and won't be able to...I know Henry who is promoting the event says he has left his passport at home and gotten accross the boarder with just a CA drivers license, but I think it is a different story for someone who goes to Baja Mexico several time a month and the person who may not have gone in a decade.

So, if a cooker could be arainged, can you take it in and bring it out? Or do you need it delivered to Rosarito? I know a team with a FEC 100, Whole Hog and a Traeger 075, just don't know how to get it there, or if they would be willing to loan it. Asking them if it could be borrowed is not an issue, getting it there and back is.

We are competing or I would loan you the WholeHog and Memphis Pro, Lord knows they would perform better in your hands than ours...

It might help folks here in CA if they had a little more info..Are you flying into San Diego or TJ?So, if a cooker could be arainged, can you take it in and bring it out? Or do you need it delivered to Rosarito? I know a team with a FEC 100, Whole Hog and a Traeger 075, just don't know how to get it there, or if they would be willing to loan it. Asking them if it could be borrowed is not an issue, getting it there and back is.

I dont know about performing better in my hands lol...
I am flying into SanDiego on Tuesday, and I have talked with Henry, and he said he could get us and any cookers across the border. But Kim and I both have the passport cards, so we should have no trouble going across the border and back. I have some friends that dirtbike down there, so I am sure i can find a truck to get across the border, or can rent one when I arrive. I would need it/them on Thurs, friday and sat, since I have agreed to teach a class on Thursday. I usually cook on a 100 and Whole Hog, but any combination would be great!!!

Hola Ando,
I'm thinkin why not just buy a couple Weber kettles when you get there an see what Mr. Fancy Schmancy Super Cooker Dude can do with that!!!!
Vaya con Dios, my freind

Hola Ando,
I'm thinkin why not just buy a couple Weber kettles when you get there an see what Mr. Fancy Schmancy Super Cooker Dude can do with that!!!!
Vaya con Dios, my freind

That is one options... If I have $1300 in travel though, I'd like a little more than a couple of kettles... but, done it before :thumb:

I have a 22 inch WSM with either a stoker or bbq guru and a MAK grill. Only problem is I am 3 hours North from the border.

you can check out T & H prime meats www.tandhsausage.com they have great products and sell traegers they not sure but they might be able to help you out with something. but its a great place to get some great meat

Thanks! for the input guys!! I am trying to run down all options, so I will keep everyone posted.

I will look into T&H too... might just be the ticket for meat pickup after landing.

Thanks! for the input guys!! I am trying to run down all options, so I will keep everyone posted.

I will look into T&H too... might just be the ticket for meat pickup after landing.

he just asks teams to call in there order 10 days before so he can order what you want, if you could let him know we rooftop bbq recommend them to you that would be cool. see you south of the border good luck

Back