24" disc harrow blade for discada/wok: $26

Nice! I've thought about these. I think 24" is a little huge though right?

I've got a 24" end of a diesel storage tank that I use as a wok on top of my UDS and it doubles as a UDS lid (flipped over).

When using as a wok on top of a UDS, or a just as a lid during smoking, there needs to be something inserted between the wok bottom and the top rim of the UDS to ensure adequate exhaust. It works fine for me.

That's a great deal. Keep in mind that these discs aren't very deep, so the wider the disc the more it will hold and allow you to bank the food up on the edges and away from the center where the heat is at.

Not a bad price for a new dic I get use one free put it worth that to clean a use one up.

$35 from Langford Equipment Co....

in Austin, TX and no hole!!

www.lanfordequipment.com

These are great to add to the cooking implement pile.

I've had mine for a couple of months and it makes the best fajitas.

Next time I'll include pron of the fajitas!

RMR

in Austin, TX and no hole!!

www.lanfordequipment.com

These are great to add to the cooking implement pile.

I've had mine for a couple of months and it makes the best fajitas.

Next time I'll include pron of the fajitas!

RMR

Bah! The hole takes a sec to weld shut and polish out. Besides, thats where all extra grease drains right? :roll:

Hadn't thought about using something like that. Thats pretty cool.

If given a choice would you use a large wok or one of these? Resturaunt Depot has Woks for less.

Had both

Threw the wok in the load of scrap steel going to recycle.

The plow disk is by far the best, it holds the heat, distributes it well, won't fall off the cajun burner. After you cook the onions, peppers and meat, you can set it off to the side to keep it warm, and toast the burrito wrappers in the middle. I sanded mine a couple of times with an angle grinder to smooth it out, mine was a new one.

I use an old milk crate with Gastobac burner (used in the tobacco barn for curing cigar leaf); they are not easy to find if you're not in tobacco county. It works better than a cajun burner!

If you need and endorsement - go for a plow disk, and if you don't like it I'll buy it from you!

RMR

Not a bad price for a new dic I get use one free put it worth that to clean a use one up.

Is this you Billy?? You mean to tell us you pay $26 for a new dic when you could get a used dic for free, but you don't like cleaning them? I need some translation here!!

If given a choice would you use a large wok or one of these? Resturaunt Depot has Woks for less.

But Pat, you're forgetting about the satisfaction of the build. :biggrin: Source unknown on these fist two photos, but a guy asked me what it would take to make a discada like this one. At first I thought cutting the edge down would be the way to go....or maybe a lid stop that fits on the lower shell to hold the lid part way open.

You can buy Discada's HERE, I like the added rims and the lids.

discada2.jpg

discada3.jpg

DSC05652JPGA.jpg

I just ordered a 14" and 18" shipping free!

What do you guys do on the bottoms of these? feet? some sort of stability to set on flat surface?

Hey Thirdeye, doesn't that toast the gasket?

I would think it would have a good chance at it.....Those pics were sent to me, that's not mine. All the heat sources I've seen are a propane burner, which makes perfect sense if you get a 24" disc. This way you could have several heat zones. But that's a lot of open area when cooking, so I thought the ones with a lid would be a good idea.

010.jpg

I just ordered a 14" and 18" shipping free!

What do you guys do on the bottoms of these? feet? some sort of stability to set on flat surface?

Here's my recommendation: Weld 3 1/2-inch nuts to the bottom and then thread in long bolts. The L-shaped 1/2" diameter anchor bolts you embed in the top of poured concrete walls for holding down wooden headers would be ideal.

Back