• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

St. Jacob Il comp results

C

CritterCook

Congratulations to the Brewmasters BBQ for a great showing this weekend at St. jacob.

1st place chicken
3rd place ribs
3rd place pork
4th place brisket
Reserve Grand Champion!:shock::shock:

Believe me, they deserved it! Everything was great.

I'm just sorry I didn't get there until Sunday morning because apparently Saturday night was alot of fun:icon_clown:icon_clown
The Mayor of the city made many references to how much fun these boys had Saturday night!

Better the mayor than the Police Chief I guess?!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks Joel,

We did have a lot of fun. I hope we didn't influence Colin too much.

It was a good contest. The first I've done without garnish. Very interesting and educational.

Actually it was 3rd in Brisket and 4th in Pork.

Cheers,

Nate

congrats, i know you had some great weather. lol. do you have the full results. i was wondering who won and placed. thanks, wheels.

Excellent job Brewmaster! Great neighboring with you...even with the short bus jokes...congrats on the RGC!

Carpe 'Que,
Jim Rhino

Jim,
you gotta admit you could fit at least three of your buses into the one he brought :)

Jim,
you gotta admit you could fit at least three of your buses into the one he brought :)
That little thing they were in?? Hardly noticed it. Though I do have satellite radio in the short bus, satellite tv just might have to make the wish list.

Carpe 'Que,
Jim

Was this the second year for this contest? How is it run?

I thought for a first year contest it was run pretty well. The organizer called everyone to let them know, since it was not a sanctioned event, how it was going to be run. Hence the no garnish. Although it was different for me, I kinda liked not having to deal with the greens. I thought I was still able to make some decent looking boxes.
This might be a better question for Greg or Jim. I think I might be a little biased.

Cheers,

Nate

Hey Merl,
First year for the contest. Richard Schmidt ran the contest.
The used the KCBS rules as a guide but ended up using the Candian scoring system for results.

oh yeah, thanks nate, Richard thought it would be easier for the teams and make it more even if there was no garnish. I must say no granish means harder! :)

That little thing they were in?? Hardly noticed it. Though I do have satellite radio in the short bus, satellite tv just might have to make the wish list.

Carpe 'Que,
Jim

hardly noticed it? did you see the inside? the Rams were practicing in it.

Excellent job Brewmaster! Great neighboring with you...even with the short bus jokes...congrats on the RGC!

Carpe 'Que,
Jim Rhino

Thanks. I really appreciated the breakfast. I told the rest of my drunk team what I had and they were pissed. I told them they should have rolled out of bed before 9:00. Anyway, it was very nice of you.

Cheers,

Nate

For a first year event, I thought they did a very decent job. Mayor Ray Muniz was the spearhead/organizer and did a good job making sure the teams needs were taken care of. As Greg mentioned, Richard Schmidt oversaw the judging process and did helped with running the event.

I don't know about the scoring system they used. It might be that I am used to the KCBS scoring, but seems like the system used would make it tougher for both judges and teams. Too many numbers to think about with too little direction on what each number should equal. I'll admit that I am not a number-minded guy, so perhaps I'm missing something as far as this being a better and/or easier system. For me, I'll stick with the KCBS system.

Garnish/No Garnish. This was the first contest I have been in that was garnish free. Much tougher to make box look nice, but not impossible (just don't look at my boxes...I fought 'em).

I did have some time to chat with Mayor Muniz after turn-ins and again before leaving on Sunday. Though he and his team did a nice job taking care of us, he already has ideas for changing/improving for next year and seems very excited to make this an annual event. I will certainly consider this for next year!

Carpe 'Que,
Jim Rhino

Back