• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Couldn't Resist Playing With My Meat...

Goldenfinger

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
These are my first fatties.
I really wanted to go "old school" and just cook a couple simple, naked fatties in honour of the creators of this great culinary achievement, but man... once I start opening cupboards and such... well... :shock:
I have no idea if this combination of parts I've selected will build a quality product, but we're damn sure gonna find out...

Figured we'd (had a little help from the GF) treat them like pork sausages so stuffed them up with a little old cheddar, red bell peppers, garlic and onion.
rV3FGV4l.jpg

Added a little chill powder and some freshly ground black pepper too.
ZGhY1m2l.jpg

Rolled 'em up and sealed the edges
UqDmdhBl.jpg

Made-up a little version of rib rub, but went really heavy on the brown sugar
TTqVIdLl.jpg

Placed the tray into the freezer for about 5-10 minutes to make sure things stay stuck together when placed on my Weber.
DtQpea7l.jpg

Currently, lightin' up some RO lump and gettin' my Weber ready to roll...

Will provide updates as the cook progresses...

Thank-you to everyone that provided any sort of post on how to cook a fattie... there are many other versions I can't wait to try... including the Ronello, Bacon Explosion and of course the Naked Fattie... :-D

I just ate dinner but was dying to see finished pics....I guess I prematurely drooled all over myself :(

I Bet those are Good!

I think Somebody oughta do the Worlds Biggest Fattie and it should be a Brethren!! Who's Up for the Challenge?

Alright guys... here we go...

Placed on the lid to my rotisserie fish basket for ease of handling...
1ebRdBFl.jpg

Got out some Mesquite chips I've been using lately...
9Dd2Hl5l.jpg

Set-up the Weber and added the Maverick
euWJ1ZRl.jpg

Good to go...
RifpRuMl.jpg

Finished product... 180F approx.
ewOTEGSl.jpg

Straight-up Pron...
rAsmQyol.jpg

mpDxmEbl.jpg

mpDxmEbl.jpg

pu0JA20l.jpg

Tasted great and we were happy with the results...

In future, I would take just a little off the sea salt in the rub, but the GF said she didn't really notice...

Thoughts or advice anyone..?

I like to make a bacon weave and wrap the fatty in it before it goes on. Trystuffing it with Gouda that is pure bliss.

I myself want to try one stuffed with Blue cheese and something else but haven't figured out what else yet so I haven't made it yet.

Back