BBQ on the River

I went last year but there's a contest in RI much closer to home. Besides some strange things went on there last year. Good Luck.

Steve

I'd love to join you, but have family commitments that weekend.

I'll be there with guy and get to be an honorary Polock for the weekend as part of Guy's team !!! Been counting down the days.... Sorry you can't be there BQ....

Yankee BBQ - Care to expand on the strange things ? Just curious.... If you can't say...I understand...

YankeeBBQ said:
I went last year but there's a contest in RI much closer to home. Besides some strange things went on there last year. Good Luck.

Steve

I'll be at Bristol. Steve the issues from last year are taken care of, Linda Mullane is going to be one of the rep's. Last years buffoons are going to rep Guitarbeque. I'll see you at Salisbury.

we are going up to RI as well
actully i might be there alone and if there is anyone out there that would like to offer a hand ill bring the beer

rbsnwngs said:
we are going up to RI as well
actully i might be there alone and if there is anyone out there that would like to offer a hand ill bring the beer

Willy,

If we are not cooking at a contest and you need some help call me and we will try to help you out.

MilitantSquatter said:
Yankee BBQ - Care to expand on the strange things ? Just curious.... If you can't say...I understand...

Well somebody's pork entry went missing and if they did half decent they had a chance to win the whole thing. I ended up winning the competition. The part that irks me is after the whole thing was over they decided to award a duplicate first place trophy to the team that had their entry misplaced. Supposedly somebody who didn't turn in pork got a call in the pork category so the contest organizers decided that must have been the missing pork entry(maybe everybody got the wrong pork score, who knows). I was never contacted about any of this and heard about it second hand and it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I also heard some things were told to the KCBS that simply were untrue.

There are different reps this year and If I were you I wouldn't worry about it. I might have returned this year but since there is a comp much closer to home I'll go there instead.

Steve

YankeeBBQ said:
Well somebody's pork entry went missing and if they did half decent they had a chance to win the whole thing. I ended up winning the competition. The part that irks me is after the whole thing was over they decided to award a duplicate first place trophy to the team that had their entry misplaced. Supposedly somebody who didn't turn in pork got a call in the pork category so the contest organizers decided that must have been the missing pork entry(maybe everybody got the wrong pork score, who knows). I was never contacted about any of this and heard about it second hand and it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I also heard some things were told to the KCBS that simply were untrue.

There are different reps this year and If I were you I wouldn't worry about it. I might have returned this year but since there is a comp much closer to home I'll go there instead.

Steve
That still sucks Steve. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to go back to that contest. I am commited now and wish I knew this beforehand.

I'll definately be there since I only live about 20 minutes away. I'm not a member of any team and have never competed, but I'd like to some day. In fact, I'd love to volunteer my services to any team that could use some help, even if it's just sitting up a watching the fire overnight. I think I could learn a lot from the experience.

Sawdustguy said:
That still sucks Steve. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to go back to that contest. I am commited now and wish I knew this beforehand.

I'm really not trying to discourage anyone from going. It was a first year event and sometimes chit happens. Have fun and kick some butt !!

Steve

Willie writes>>>>actully i might be there alone

Where RI , or PA??? you 're never gunna be alone besides the dates I told you about June 10th July 1st and Augt 26th:confused:

RI
you didnt fill that date in on my list so thought yuou were unable to make it

Back