MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #31
Jeffc
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellyBBQ View Post
..also preview of meat holding area for serving..
not sure I understand this?

But as far as the sink cover I have the factory doing a one piece....Doa! Two piece makes so much more sense! Added to the list! As far as the axles, not sure they are the biggest but we have 2 7500 dexter axles going in should cover it, if not I have bigger issues :)

Old 03-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #32
Jeffc
Knows what a fatty is.

Just a quick update and reaching out for advise on vehicle wraps. My trailer will be here the first week of April. I am talking with vehicle wrap folks which I have no experience with. What should I ask these guys? I am betting not all wrap is the same!!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #33
Jeffc
Knows what a fatty is.

I haven't posted here in a little while so here are the latest pics! Trailer will be here next week

Cheers
Old 03-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #34
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Those pictures look great Jeff, you must be pumped!

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #35
Jeffc
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks Jason! The planning upfront work has been daunting, still have just a couple of loose ends to tie up, but man I am ready to get going!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #36
Jeffc
Knows what a fatty is.

My trailer is here! Man she is awesome! I will take some pics tomorrow and share here! I am real pleased how it came out! I am so lucky it got here unharmed. Story...

I get a call from the guy pulling it from Indiana to iowa, he is already on the road. Here is how the conversation goes. Mind you the trailer weighs 11480 with a tongue wt of 1500

Ring ring
Me. QDogs
Hey This is mark I am pulling your trailer over today
Me cool what are you pullin it with
My sons dodge 2500
Me..really! Man that seems a bit much for that truck
Nah it is pulling real nice
Me...really good to know I haven't bought my new truck to pull it yet and I was going to get a dually.
I will let you know how it goes when I get there
Me..,if I could get buy with a 350 swr that would be cool
Alright see ya later

Fast forward 7 plus hours, note I just drove it Monday in just over 5

Me... You made it
Yep and buy a dually!

His truck smelled so freaking hot and was squatting a bit when he pulled up. After i initially talked with him and it sunk in what he was using to pull my lively hood and he was 2 hours late I was getting nervous. All and all it worked out but I am going to let the factory now they were at great risk as no ins company would have paid out if something would have happened. Not to mention me losing months of revenue.

Chalk that up to luck really. But my baby is home now!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:13 AM   #37
The Cosmic Pig
is one Smokin' Farker

Man, you don't play! Nice, nice NICE trailer! The best of luck to you on your new venture!
[B]WSM 18.5[/B]
[B]Weber One-Touch Gold [/B]
[B]Smokey Joe Silver[/B]
The Cosmic Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #38
Big_Alvin
Full Fledged Farker

beautiful trailer Jeff, best of luck with the plans. you're living my dream. i've got some saving and planning to do - still a few years away (10 anyway till retirement) and that's what i'd like to do at that point. i'll be following your post. good luck....Al
Old 04-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #39
Grizmt
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffc View Post
My trailer is here! Man she is awesome! I will take some pics tomorrow and share here! I am real pleased how it came out! I am so lucky it got here unharmed. Story...

I get a call from the guy pulling it from Indiana to iowa, he is already on the road. Here is how the conversation goes. Mind you the trailer weighs 11480 with a tongue wt of 1500

Ring ring
Me. QDogs
Hey This is mark I am pulling your trailer over today
Me cool what are you pullin it with
My sons dodge 2500
Me..really! Man that seems a bit much for that truck
Nah it is pulling real nice
Me...really good to know I haven't bought my new truck to pull it yet and I was going to get a dually.
I will let you know how it goes when I get there
Me..,if I could get buy with a 350 swr that would be cool
Alright see ya later

Fast forward 7 plus hours, note I just drove it Monday in just over 5

Me... You made it
Yep and buy a dually!

His truck smelled so freaking hot and was squatting a bit when he pulled up. After i initially talked with him and it sunk in what he was using to pull my lively hood and he was 2 hours late I was getting nervous. All and all it worked out but I am going to let the factory now they were at great risk as no ins company would have paid out if something would have happened. Not to mention me losing months of revenue.

Chalk that up to luck really. But my baby is home now!
Nice rig!! One bit of info you might want to consider, it may apply to you if you cross state lines and/or within your particular state.

When coming back from Vegas last Sunday we got pulled over near Kingman AZ right past the scales by a AHP car. We then went through a level 3 inspection and were informed that A.We MUST get a DOT number to cross state lines. B. We MUST stop at all scales. C. We MUST have a current DOT medical card. D. We MUST carry and fill out a Log Book. E. We DO NOT need a commercial license, just the log book and med card.

It was then explained to us that if the trailer GVWR is over 10,000 Lbs AND you cross state lines this rule applies. If you stay within the state AND you're under 18,000 Lbs GVWR on both truck AND trailer you're fine. If the GVWR of the combined units are over 18k the DOT rules stated above apply. Thankfully there's no fine involved and no points (this time) BUT I've now got to confirm that our trailer GVWR is under 10k otherwise it's decision time.
Just a word to the wise so y'all don't get the late night on the way home unwanted stretch break we got.
Grizmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #40
Jeffc
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizmt View Post
Nice rig!! One bit of info you might want to consider, it may apply to you if you cross state lines and/or within your particular state.

When coming back from Vegas last Sunday we got pulled over near Kingman AZ right past the scales by a AHP car. We then went through a level 3 inspection and were informed that A.We MUST get a DOT number to cross state lines. B. We MUST stop at all scales. C. We MUST have a current DOT medical card. D. We MUST carry and fill out a Log Book. E. We DO NOT need a commercial license, just the log book and med card.

It was then explained to us that if the trailer GVWR is over 10,000 Lbs AND you cross state lines this rule applies. If you stay within the state AND you're under 18,000 Lbs GVWR on both truck AND trailer you're fine. If the GVWR of the combined units are over 18k the DOT rules stated above apply. Thankfully there's no fine involved and no points (this time) BUT I've now got to confirm that our trailer GVWR is under 10k otherwise it's decision time.
Just a word to the wise so y'all don't get the late night on the way home unwanted stretch break we got.
I hear yea, I talked to the DOT already and that is not exactly what they told me. the 2 big numbers I was told is 1) truck GVWR over 10001Lbs requires DOT. This of course includes tongue wt which I wll be fine. Second is GCWR over 26K. I know each state is different and at least this summer I am staying close to home :)
Old 04-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #41
Jeffc
Knows what a fatty is.

Ok some trailer pron!

Let the games begin!

Last edited by Jeffc; 04-05-2012 at 01:32 PM..
Jeffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #42
Just Pulin' Pork
is one Smokin' Farker

That is a freaking awesome looking rig! Thanks for sharing!
Just Pulin' Pork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #43
Jeffc
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks man! I love the electric tongue, glad I added that.
Cheers
Old 04-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #44
Grizmt
Got Wood.

The only thing missing is a Sat antenna!
Grizmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #45
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

I have a hard time trying to get in places with my 7x16ft trailer. That monster could be tight getting into some of the places I go but all that room inside sure would be NICE!!!
HBMTN is offline   Reply With Quote