MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Please check my numbers

Hi all, I am doing a party on Saturday for a 70's and 80's class reunion. They are having a huge party with live bands abd lots of drinking I am sure. The serving time they have requested is 3pm so I am thinking people will be real hungry and not have eaten lunch in anticipation of the whole hog bbq.

I am cooking for 150 guests
My whole hog came in at 133lbs (head on), I ordered it to be closer to 150lbs but it came in smaller and the guest count grew from 125 to 150. So I figure that will feed 100 people. Then I am going to cook another 40lbs (raw) butts to blend with it. Thought?

Also I am figuring on 9 -10# cans of baked beans and 7 gallons of coleslaw. This is buffet style and they are fixing their own plates. What do you think about my numbers?

Thanks for your input!
HBMTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Your pork numbers sound good to me and your bean count sounds more than you need, but more is better than not enough.

I am sure you will have enough slaw too!