Trying Sausage

Chipper

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We are going to enter the Sausage category at New Holland, PA this year. I've never cooked sausage, so I thought it a fine idea to enter the contest. Any help, clue, or guidelines on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

I turn in my croatian sausage and they hate it every year but I dont care. Clints the sausage king of new holland but he will never share. I've seen one entry that did win a top 3 can't remember exactly and it basically looked like a slice fatty if thAt helps

Lets me and you turn in the exact recipe and see where it finishes

I turn in my croatian sausage and they hate it every year but I dont care. Clints the sausage king of new holland but he will never share. I've seen one entry that did win a top 3 can't remember exactly and it basically looked like a slice fatty if thAt helps

That was me in 2009, 3rd place. sliced fattie.

I assume Croatian sausage must have goat liver and beets? Would that be competitive?
Ewwwwww that sounds nasty! They are lamb beef and pork mixture. I get many requests for them besides the new holland judges. Judges eat with their eyes and although they are good the don't look to appetizing.

Sooooooooo that means your gonna make 3 extra for me, gnomy and chipper to cook?

we actually need enough for 6 boxes, we all meet up at the turn in area, get on the same tray and use the same presentation...:thumb:

Chip, contact NewHolland..I actuall dont know whats allowed and not. I used to make my own sausage and turned it in. In Schrewberry, its sausage only no fillers or anything else. It also may say in your competitors packet.

Smokopolis BBQ claimed 1st place sausage last year in S. York and 4th place the year prior. Advice? Let the meat speak for itself. Oh, wait. Those are the rules. No fatties allowed. :)

Chipper, gotta do a fatty ;) can't think of a better way to smoke sausage

Back