Jack Daniel's Charcoal

PatioDaddio

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
For those of you that live near a Sportsman's Warehouse store, here is a discovery that might interest you.

I also saw the most awesome turbo magnum charcoal chimney that I've ever seen. The thing was built like a tank and probably weighed close to five pounds. It was made of black steel and had a spring handle. I think the name was "Westerfield" or "Chesterfield", or something like that. Like an idiot I didn't buy it. I generally love Weber stuff, but I am getting really sick of burning through their chimneys like Britney Spears goes through thongs. :shock: :-D Oh, and the kicker is that the chimney was only like twice what a Weber costs.

Just passing it along,
John

I have used the Jack Daniels wood chips before. Just open the bag and smell the flavor. My fiance got upset when I put it in bowls around the house as potpourri.

I have used the Jack Daniels wood chips before. Just open the bag and smell the flavor. My fiance got upset when I put it in bowls around the house as potpourri.

Now thats funny!

Let us know the brand of that chimney starter next time you go back. The Sportsman's Warehouse website doesn't list their products. Pretty useless website.

We've got five or six bags of the JD charcoal out in the garage. Since we hauled it all the way back here at damn near $5 a gallon, we should probably use it -- most likely on some party pork or something, I guess.

We've got five or six bags of the JD charcoal out in the garage. Since we hauled it all the way back here at damn near $5 a gallon, we should probably use it -- most likely on some party pork or something, I guess.
Diva - Do you know if it's discontinued?

John

Have spotted this charcoal in Kroger stores west of Atlanta in the past couple of weeks - the shelf price tag says "New Item" but I still can't find anything about it online.

Tempted but haven't bought any yet.

I saw some at my Ralphs this weekend , Will have to get some next trip. Hope it s as good as the chip are on ribs.

i think the chimney is a chesterfield. i tried looking it up and never found it on the net. a guy on another list was lookin for one and i got it for him and sent it to him. bummer though as my and many other sportsman stores are closing. i'm checking now for some good deals. not much yet.

I used it this weekend on some chicks, it smelled like chit as it was getting hot. the chicks turned out good had a mild smoke flavor I would use it again. It cost to much.

FYI - The turbo magnum chimney is indeed a Chesterfield. I'm sorry that I didn't come back and post it.

Chimney1_1.jpg

Chimney1_2.jpg

John

Back