SoCal Bash Saturday Sept 21! Head count starts HERE. Post if you are coming! ALL Brethren Welocme!

Wonderful event, wonderful food, and wonderful people! It was nice to be able to meet many of the Brethren face to face at last.

Thanks to the Moose's for putting it together and also to Major & Karen for hosting!

Hope that there are more events like this in the future with even more farkers in attendance.

We had an absolute blast! It was great to see old friends, as well as to meet new ones.

So...how about we do this twice a year at the same location, once in May, and once in September starting next year?

We had an absolute blast! It was great to see old friends, as well as to meet new ones.

So...how about we do this twice a year at the same location, once in May, and once in September starting next year?

That's an awesome idea! I'm in! Let me be clear tho, the one in September can never be on a Sunday if you want me to attend, unless Major & Karen get the NFL Sunday Ticket, lol!

That's an awesome idea! I'm in! Let me be clear tho, the one in September can never be on a Sunday if you want me to attend, unless Major & Karen get the NFL Sunday Ticket, lol!

+1. Glued to RZ Channel awaiting the afternoon game.

(boy, Major is a very good sport if he agrees to this....)

Last edited:

Sunday is not a good idea for a Bash day anyway. Need a full day to recover!

:heh:

Twice a year? Fark yes!

Sounds good to me!

Looks like BigMista got trapped last night....

photo-1546.jpg

lcbateman3 making killer ribs - I'm gonna look into the glazing thing! :hungry:

photo-1389.jpg

Moose's SoCal Bash Pics!

Thought I would share my pics!

Neil (BigMista) striking a pose:

Anyone notice who's in that picture frame? :mrgreen:

ABT's by Matt(enkidu)

John (SoCalWJS) and his lovely wife just after anointing tr-tips with his rub:

John's Mini Santa Maria:

The Crew hanging out:

The Missus tending the firepit:

Check out the smoke halo!

Cooker lineup, starting with my new Pit Barrel Cooker:

Lionel's (lcbateman) ribs:

Here's the cooker lineup from another angle:

Firepit's almost ready for roadside chicken:

Neil checking on his brisket:

Brisket closeup:

Roadside chicken is on, custom cut grate courtesy of Ray (siverfinger):

Time to break out the Cabo. Caseydog went first:

Then Brett (Just BS):

Lionel:

Marty (campdude):

You're up, Ray!

Greg's (gtr's) Kielbasa on the Pit Barrel Cooker:

Tri-Tips on the Mini Santa Maria:

Matt's ABT's ready:

Greg's Fatties:

At this point, it was time to dig in, so no more food shots. After we stuffed ourselves full of DELICIOUS Brethren prepared goodness, we got the firepit going:

And that's a wrap! To any of you SoCal Brethren that did not attend, we hope you'll try and get there next time. It was BEYOND fun!

Last edited:
Oooooooo...my Toyota's famous now. AND I GOTS SOMMA DAT MAC N CHEESE!!!

You were already famous. Now I have to figure out where we're going to put you in our house. :mrgreen:

And as for that Mac 'n Cheese, it was the absolute best Mac N Cheese I have ever eaten. I had three servings! :hungry:

When I got home, the wife took one whiff of me and coughed, asked me if spent my time at the BBQ actually physically inside one of the smokers and asked when I was going to take a shower.

You were already famous. Now I have to figure out where we're going to put you in our house. :mrgreen:

And as for that Mac 'n Cheese, it was the absolute best Mac N Cheese I have ever eaten. I had three servings! :hungry:

Yeah, I had two servings... and 4 servings of the brisket!

Hey moose, did you ever try another ABT after apparently getting the hottest one in the batch on your first bite? (there was an awful lot of coughing)

Hey moose, did you ever try another ABT after apparently getting the hottest one in the batch on your first bite? (there was an awful lot of coughing)

I did actually...and there was barely any heat in that one. I suspect that the other half of the ABT that I originally ate is sitting in someone's fridge. We'll find out soon enough! :wink:

Back