• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bacon Drippings - Available Online

I haven't; and apparently you have to buy some in order to find out how large a "package" is.

Has anyone ever bought bacon drippings from these folks?

http://twinfoods.com/twin-foods/

Our home cured bacon doesn't make near the amount of drippings we use compared to processed bacon.

Good lord man, cook your own bacon and save the drippings. I do mine in the oven at 400 for somewhere around 20-30 min. Causes less splatter, the drippings are "cleaner" and you don't need to mess with it as much.

I can walk a block down the street and get rendered pig skin in a 1 quart container for around $2.00. It's great for anything in a frying pan. Doesn't burn and smells like mild bacon during use.

Good lord man, cook your own bacon and save the drippings. I do mine in the oven at 400 for somewhere around 20-30 min. Causes less splatter, the drippings are "cleaner" and you don't need to mess with it as much.

Thanks, but I guess you missed the last sentence of my original post. Are you able to get a lot of drippings from your home cured bacon?

I have one of these in my refrigerator for saving bacon grease for recipes...

41ZqQjMAkhL._SY355_.jpg

Available at [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-Stainless-Grease-Catcher-Strainer/dp/B0013V3K98/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1375058306&sr=8-6&keywords=bacon+grease+holder"]Amazon.com[/ame]

I never have any problem getting fat drippings from my cured pork belly. It could be that you have really lean belly. I would put purchased fat drippings in the same league as packaged chopped onions or shredded packaged cheese, a fool and his money.

Their website says each package is one pound. Apparently this product is in lots of stores in OK.

I see now; it wasn't on the order page, but on the one that leads to it.

Don't know if I would want to pay it, but $10 per pound actually isn't surprisingly high. I cook my own bacon and I always save the drippings, but that doesn't mean I always have some to use when I want it.

From their website:
With our product, there is no need to buy bacon and cook it just to get bacon grease

Well, that's true but, I cook bacon to get bacon... the drippings I save are a dividend from the cooked bacon.
BTW, you can't make cornbread without a CI skillet and bacon drippings!:clap2:

I get plenty of bacon drippings from home cured bacon. We have been keeping bacon drippings in a coffee can in the cabinent for the last 50 years at my house. We would not even consider cooking vegetables or cornbread without it. Gots to have my bacon drippings

I would put purchased fat drippings in the same league as packaged chopped onions or shredded packaged cheese, a fool and his money.

This is the way I feel about it. I understand that you're not getting much from your home-cured bacon but this just rubs me wrong. I would bite the bullet and buy and cook bacon to get good drippings before purchasing it from others. If you're making your own bacon as a cost savings effort, I wonder if having to buy drippings completely negates those savings...? Just a thought.

Kinda makes me wonder what Oscar Meyer and Armor are doing with THEIR excess bacon grease from the pre-cooked packaged stuff...

Some of it is collected in buckets and then sold the rest is pumped into a tanker truck and the rendering plant takes for dog food and other uses.

Spent a summer in college making Bacon bits and packing the precooked Bacon slices. it was a very long time after that, before the smell of Bacon wouldn't turn my stomach.

im in Oklahoma and gave never seen it in any stores...why buy when u can get bacon scraps cheap and render down yourself.

Back