MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default PBC - Word

Analyze, Strategize, and Fertilize all you want. These things are awesome.

I just bought 5 PBC's. 2 weeks ago. One is set up in my pit, and used for 4 days straight. The others were delivered to doorsteps within 4-5 days of the order.

Right out of the box, this thing made 2 big chickens in 2 hours, 20 minutes, no mess, no fuss.. its a cooking machine.. period. Lit the basket with a texas torch, waited 20 mins, hooked the birds, plus 2 steaks, 6 wings(3 on each hook) and close the lid.

Steaks done in about 15 minutes.. they were ok.. prefer grilling.

wings done in about an hour.. gone in 60 seconds.. awesome

but the chickens, HOLY CRAP!... the wife accused me of injecting them with butter. They were marinaded in lemon and garlic, and coated with PBC all purpose.. thats it. But unbelievably juicy and fall off the bone tender. The texture and flavor was reminiscent of Kenny Rogers Roasters which was a really popular chain around here of fire roasted chickens.

This cooker will likely replace the BGE as my go to for chicken.. Will be doing a few more things this weekend for superbowl and put it thru more tests..

IMO, this cooker is alot of bang for the buck and worth every penny. So, PBC, UDS, BGE, PIA, who cares..this is another tool in the tool bin and its definitely got the potential to be one on the favorites. More so than my wsm.

Oh, and BTW... did I mention..... they came custom branded for BBQ Brethren subscribers. Information and pricing will be available next week in subscribers forum.

On edit - Disclaimer: All PBC does is put a custom plaque on the barrel for us. We are not partnered or associated with their brand in any way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-01-25_14-49-38_124.jpg (26.6 KB, 465 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-01-25_14-49-27_483.jpg (26.6 KB, 465 views)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! That's odd, I found mine on the doorstep that you spoke of! Hmmmmm? I will admit that I have been doing a bit of trolling in the PBC threads for the last week or so since I received this Bad Boy! For good intent though. Unless you have one and have used it, you cannot fully grasp its potential. It's a machine. From the craftsmanship to the performance, it's awesome!
Everything in this thread was cooked in the PBC over the course of two days. I got it last Friday, and used it all weekend. Chicken.......OMG, chicken. You gotta see to believe! Noah builds a DAMN good cooker!!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=152483

Thanks Phil!

Bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP

Last edited by BobBrisket; 01-30-2013 at 10:05 PM..
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

That's some sexy chit right there!
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #4
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

So that's what that big azz box is? I guess I better open it.

BRB

BTW, I don't think i'll fire it up on the living room carpet

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
Hoss
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I REALLY like........ the logo.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #6
flyingbassman5
is one Smokin' Farker

Ohh that aweomse! I like the fancy dancy logo!

Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
gettinbasted
is One Chatty Farker

Sharp logo! I may have to "upgrade" mine

Old 01-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Awesome!

I've been trying to figure out what makes the PBC as good as I hear they are. Two differences I see between the PBC and my WSMs is that the WSMs always have something that catches the drippings that come off the meat and the meat hangs in the PBC. I will note that the Weber gassers have baffles (Flavorizer bars in Weber speak) that burn off the drippings to contribute to the flavor.

I think I need to try a cook with no water pan and let the juices hit the coals and sizzle. I might even try hanging something.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #9
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

The mods deserve them for all they do! Thank you mods and Poobah.

Any Seinfeld fan can tell you about Kenny Rogers Roasters.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #10
BBQ Bandit
Babbling Farker

awww... props to you Poo... moderator mod!

Former smokers;
Lang 84 Deluxe kitchen, Lang 60 Mobile - The Damsel II, Lang 48 Patio - The Damsel, Bubba Keg Grill - RIP, Double Barrel Smoker and a BSKD
BBQ Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #11
caseydog

What, it's not gold plated? You can't put that on the patio of any of the mod mansions. Maybe on the deck of the mod chalet in Tahoe. Maybe.

Oh, wait a minute. I get it now. They gave them to you, didn't they. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Say no more.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #12
bbqbull
Watching over us.

I opened my box today.
Dang sure looks like a go to cooking tool for us.

"I wish my mind could forget what my eyes have seen. :shocked:"

"Heavily medicated for your protection. :doh:"

Klose Mobile Pit
Klose Owners Reccomended Pit
Cookshack Smokette
Gasser
Little Chief Smoker
Large BGE
Gifted to me my Pit Barrel Smoker :mrgreen::clap:[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/"][/URL]
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #13
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

Just talked to Noah about ordering one with the brethren logo (an extra 10 bucks at cost to have the custom brethren label). The sale is ending soon (either the end of jan or feb- he said its in kingsfords hands), so it sounds like they're on slight backorder, which takes about a week. He said that even after the deal ends, he will likely have a special for brethren, but it will not be as good as the 225 shipped (probably more like 250 or 275).

I might save the 10 bucks and get the regular one, but the brethren logo is pretty slick and adds a lotta flair to the all black barrel.

Last edited by Trumpstylz; 01-30-2013 at 11:09 PM..
Trumpstylz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #14
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

That's a nice gesture on your part Phil, a great way to keep up the mod moral. :thumbup: Love the brethren logo.

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #15
Midnight Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
This cooker will likely replace the BGE as my go to for chicken.
Say it is not so... long term results will prove this is not going to ever be the case unless someone does not know how to use the BGE. I think we can agree that the PBC is not ever going to be any better than the BGE in regards to final product. Chicken cooked right is good Chicken regardless on what it is cooked on. I can make great Chicken cooked over hot rocks, it's all about technique and seasoning.

Second as admitted, the PBC may not be so great as a grill, the BGE is without a doubt one of the most versatile BBQ cookers made, including everything from Low-n-Slo to Grilling, Pizza (can the PBC do Pizza?) to everything in between.

I really just do not get it, the UDS, PBC thing. The two are like long lost red headed twin step brothers, not a lot of difference between the two in regards to operation, only looks.

There is a fine line between truth, incentives and taste preferences... I will now hide out for fear of the blind A$$ kissing that may follow.

And BTW, you Mod's should be very appreciative of the late Christmas gifts from Santa, one time I would like to be in your shoes..

*** Terry ~ aka Pork Smoker ***

** XL-BGE Hatched 06/20/2008 09:42 pm **
* Couple Weber Kettles, CharGriller, UDS *
* Ultra Fast Red Thermapen *
Projects
Kamado Restoration
Bandera Restoration

Midnight Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote