• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

700-Degree Ribeyes with GrillGrates on the Kamado Joe

Great looking med-rare steak, John! That KJ does the job, alright. Lovin' these reviews. :thumb:

No final seer on those babies! If you have ever been to a Ruth's Chris steak house, they cook their steaks with a very high heat like that, and then serve them on a sizzling hot cast iron platter. MMMMM!!

Your channel is quickly becoming my favorite cooking channel on youtube- there is always a good deal of bbq know how and ingenuity (I'm thinkin of the smash burgers currently) in these videos, plus I can tell you spent a lot of time on the quality (intro, cutting, etc). Keep em comin!

Good stuff man.

Do you think the XL's split heat deflector should make it work that you have a direct and indirect zone at the same time?

GrillGrates are the real deal. Best product to come along for grilling steaks in quite a while. I wouldn't trade mine for anything. They make a killer london broil.

Man them some sexy peices of meat. I love my grill grates also!
Can those ceramic pits really get to 800++?

Your channel is quickly becoming my favorite cooking channel on youtube- there is always a good deal of bbq know how and ingenuity (I'm thinkin of the smash burgers currently) in these videos, plus I can tell you spent a lot of time on the quality (intro, cutting, etc). Keep em comin!

I agree! I love watching your videos.....I get a kick out of your accent too!

Awesome John! I love what you said about well done steaks at the end. My wife eats well done and I had to show her that haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Man them some sexy peices of meat. I love my grill grates also!
Can those ceramic pits really get to 800++?

They can easily get well above 800 degrees...

Great Vid John! I've been wanting to pick up a grill grate for a couple of years now.... may just have to get one!

Does the grate allow fire to come through? Or is it basically a ribbed griddle?

Back