MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > NCGrimbo's StokeMaster app

Notices

NCGrimbo's StokeMaster app Stoke Master is an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch application that can be used to manage your BBQ Stoker. This forum is where you can leave comments, ask questions, report bugs, and look over the FAQ for the application.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
Jchookas
Found some matches.

Default Future improvements?

I love the app so far! Thanks for creating it for us BBQ nerds :)

I was curious what your plans were for the next version of the app?
It would be nice if you could include the blower status (on/off) on the graph ( I noticed you are logging the data in your database but I didn't see a way to view it in the app)

Also, what about allowing us to export the raw data? Or add comments at certain time intervals (put meat on, opened lid, etc...)?

I also had a tip for the guys with jailbroken iPhones. You can get around the 10 minute timer issue if you use "Backgrounder" to keep the app running and u can also use "Insomnia" to keep your wifi connection going even when you lock your phone. With these two apps from Cydia you can have uninterrupted data logging at all times :)
Thanks from:--->

Old 09-09-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

AHEM.... ANDROID!!

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
Thanks from:--->
Old 09-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
NCGrimbo
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchookas View Post
I love the app so far! Thanks for creating it for us BBQ nerds :)

I was curious what your plans were for the next version of the app?
It would be nice if you could include the blower status (on/off) on the graph ( I noticed you are logging the data in your database but I didn't see a way to view it in the app)

Also, what about allowing us to export the raw data? Or add comments at certain time intervals (put meat on, opened lid, etc...)?
The next update will have the blower status on the graphs, the ability to mute an alarm on a specific probe, pan and pinch gestures for the graphs, a few coding enhancements, and an indication of which probe has the blower attached to it will be shown when the Stoker is being monitored.

I'm hoping to get a test version to my beta testers on Sunday or Monday and once they feel that it's good to go, then I'll upload an update to Apple. Then we wait for approval of the update before you will see it ready for download on the app store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
AHEM.... ANDROID!!
You'll be glad to hear that at my job, we are looking into developing for Andriod and if that happens, the Andriod version will be closer to reality.
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially, a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab through the sky with fire and math? How jaded do we have to be to lose collective interest in that?" - Robert Brockway
-----------------------------------------------------------
Weber 26.5"
Yoder YS640

-NCGrimbo
Old 09-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #4
lcbateman3
is One Chatty Farker

+1 for the Android! Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

You only fail if you do not try.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #5
NCGrimbo
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchookas View Post
I forgot to mention this, but I will have some way of exporting/importing data and cooking comments in a future version.

-NCGrimbo
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially, a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab through the sky with fire and math? How jaded do we have to be to lose collective interest in that?" - Robert Brockway
Weber 26.5"
Yoder YS640

-NCGrimbo
Old 09-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #6
Jchookas
Found some matches.

Sounds great! I can't wait. :)
Old 09-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #7
PorkBone
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

The app logs data without any problems.

Some issues need to be resolved before the app has any use for me:

Don't want or need a target temp alarm for the "fire" probe, but still need the low and high alarms. So muting the alarms for an entire probe does not solve this issue.

Only need the target temp alarm for the food probes.

No sound on alarms at all on Ipod touch.

I only planned on using this app for overnight cooks. As it is, I can't use it at all. Hopefully, the first revision will solve these issues. Until then, back to stokerlog and the laptop on the nightstand.

PorkBone
Old 09-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #8
NCGrimbo
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkBone View Post
The app logs data without any problems.

Some issues need to be resolved before the app has any use for me:

Don't want or need a target temp alarm for the "fire" probe, but still need the low and high alarms. So muting the alarms for an entire probe does not solve this issue.

Only need the target temp alarm for the food probes.

No sound on alarms at all on Ipod touch.

I only planned on using this app for overnight cooks. As it is, I can't use it at all. Hopefully, the first revision will solve these issues. Until then, back to stokerlog and the laptop on the nightstand.

PorkBone
PorkBone,

Thanks for posting. To make the app better, I need feedback from users.

The planned muting of alarms will be for the individual alarm for the probe. In your case, you will be able to mute the fire probe's target temp and have the low or high temp alarms go off. The same will be true for the food probes where you would mute the high and low alarm and keep the target temp alarm.

I was recently alerted to the missing sounds when the alert fires and I will have that fixed in the next version.

-NCGrimbo
Weber 26.5"
Yoder YS640

-NCGrimbo