5 LB FATTY, Snack food, Chicken Legs

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
After seeing the larger size chubs of JD Sausage in someone else's thread this week I could not resist the urge while at Wally World. I diced about 1/2 of a medium white onion, 3 very large Jalepeno's and 3/4 of an 8 oz bag of shredded medium cheddar cheese. This was one huge fatty! With the fillers it had to come real close to 5 #. The two chubs were 2 lb each. I gave it a rub of Dizzy Dust Course.
I also made what I call POPS (plenty of pork). A cheddar style Lil Smokey, wrapped in ham, wrapped in bacon and seasoned with BBS Simply Marvelous Rub. I had some Italian Sausage Brats that needed to be cooked, so I cut them up, wrapped them in bacon and seasoned with Todd's Dirt.
The Chicken was coated in EVOO, hit with Todd's Dirt and Tsunami Spin. Everything was smoked in the WSM at 200 and brought up to 250 after an hour. I finished the Chicken Legs off on the OTS direct over RO Lump in order to crisp the skin.
Thx for lookin in...

Attachments

• huge fatty 001.jpg
    huge fatty 001.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 150
  • huge fatty 002.jpg
    huge fatty 002.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 149
  • huge fatty 003.jpg
    huge fatty 003.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 149
  • huge fatty 004.jpg
    huge fatty 004.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 149
  • huge fatty 012.jpg
    huge fatty 012.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 149
  • huge fatty 013.jpg
    huge fatty 013.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 149
  • huge fatty 010.jpg
    huge fatty 010.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 149
  • huge fatty 011.jpg
    huge fatty 011.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 149
  • huge fatty 007.jpg
    huge fatty 007.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 151
  • huge fatty 008.jpg
    huge fatty 008.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 149
Dang Bo! You are killing me! Hopefully the weather here will permit me to light the WSM soon...

That looks great my friend!

Wonderful Bo! Great looking pinwheel too. :-D

Hopefully the weather here will permit me to light the WSM soon...
It takes comments like this to make me remember to be grateful I live where I can cook outdoors all year around. However, I don't need as much fuel in summer when it's 110-115 here, in the shade...:rolleyes:

That looks great. I really like to use JD sausage meat for fatties, creates a consistent texture and is very mild... it allows the stuffing to stand out.. a 5#er... Sweet! Breakfast this week should good at your house!

That fatty took on a nice color. All looks good. Love the diet soda beside the "fatty" that was priceless.

Dang Bo that all looks great :!:.... you've got me drooling here:rolleyes:
Nicely done.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Back