Todd's Dirt -Salty Sailor Review

garyk1398

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was fortunate to receive a jar of Salty Sailor from Todd aka "The Dirt Man" a few weeks ago to sample and put it through it's paces and give my review of it. I see Frognot also posted a review of it. Thanks Todd!:thumb: I'm still doing just that but wanted to post what I thought of it so far. I even gave a small portion of it to my neighbor to try out. Both of us agree that it is a winner!:clap2: The label says it is a "texas style" rub that can be used on anything. I also thought it as a good balance of flavors and think the black pepper comes into play more than the other spices. You can clearly see the pepper in the pron posted below.

Pron numbering:
1) The jar
2) Shortly after getting it, I sprinkled it on some popcorn. -Good but not something I'd rush to do again.
3) Pan frying shrimp - Very good on shrimp, nice balance.
4) Shrimp plated along with everything else seasoned with Salty Sailor. I like the potato and would do that again for sure!
5) Chicken drummies (pron by my neighbor). Honestly, I didn't try it, but he gave it rave reviews and wants to buy a jar. His friend who tried it also wants a jar!
6) Salmon and a pork chop seasoned before grilling.
7) Plated salmon and chop after grilling. Both were very good and I really liked it on the chop! By the way, Original Dirt is excellent on rice!

Attachments

• IMG_5497.JPG
    IMG_5497.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5500.JPG
    IMG_5500.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5509.JPG
    IMG_5509.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5510.JPG
    IMG_5510.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5525.JPG
    IMG_5525.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5526.jpg
    IMG_5526.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 61
Gary,
Thanks for taking time to try my new rub. I would never of thought to put it on popcorn. I am glad you and your neighbor like it. This is my first traditional BBQ rub that I have come out with it. I think it is going to be a hit. This should be sold on my website in the next two weeks and Amazon in about a month.
Todd

Back