MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-23-2020, 11:06 AM   #1
stan5677
Full Fledged Farker

Default Humphrey's Smoker

Ok so me changing my mind once again I have decided to get a Humphrey's. Can someone tell me the main differences between the battlebox and the long weekender.
stan5677 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2020, 12:19 PM   #2
JAKs Q & brew
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jonah

Battle box is much heavier (steel tube frame) and has different door hinges (weekender door only opens to 90 degrees, battle box opens wider)

Also, the weekenders has a daisy wheel for air intake and the battlebox has a 2" ball valve, so in theory it has more precise airflow controls.

I think those are the basic differences.

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->
Old 09-23-2020, 02:12 PM   #3
mcyork28
Babbling Farker

I had a Long Weekender. A good smoker but I wasn't fond of the daisy wheel design. I would spend a couple extra bucks and get the BB.
Weber Kettle
Weber Genesis
Weber Smokey Joe

Passed on to a new home
Tejas 2040 Deluxe
Humphrey's Long Weekender
mcyork28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2020, 04:39 PM   #4
West River BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Bill

Humphrey's are well made units. I gave them a call when I was ordering and they were very helpful. Nice people.

Old 09-23-2020, 07:24 PM   #5
onemanlan
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKs Q & brew View Post
Battle box is much heavier (steel tube frame) and has different door hinges (weekender door only opens to 90 degrees, battle box opens wider)

Also, the weekenders has a daisy wheel for air intake and the battlebox has a 2" ball valve, so in theory it has more precise airflow controls.

I think those are the basic differences.
JAK nailed most of the main points.

BB also comes
- painted body
- 2 probe ports on the side

If you ask Nicole she might provide you with a side-by-side of dimensions. Otherwise I'd pull from their site. IIRC the long weekender has slightly larger dimensions at the cost of a difference in materials used in the process. Otherwise they're very similar.

Old 09-23-2020, 07:41 PM   #6
CivilTrojan
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcyork28 View Post
I had a Long Weekender. A good smoker but I wasn't fond of the daisy wheel design. I would spend a couple extra bucks and get the BB.
I believe that if you purchase the “performance plate” upgrade on the weekender you can use a ball valve for air intake control. But like others have said, it’s best to give them a call..
CivilTrojan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2020, 07:48 PM   #7
CivilTrojan
is one Smokin' Farker

Also, I think the bb has a different water pan and heat diverter set up that gives you more options than you have on the long weekender.

Old 09-23-2020, 08:11 PM   #8
onemanlan
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilTrojan View Post
Also, I think the bb has a different water pan and heat diverter set up that gives you more options than you have on the long weekender.
Good point. I think the Weekender has a single position water pan where as the BB comes with slide out water pan that can change to drop-in water pan for more space. I just found this out recently... which was a welcome find. More space!

Old 09-23-2020, 09:14 PM   #9
CivilTrojan
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanlan View Post
Good point. I think the Weekender has a single position water pan where as the BB comes with slide out water pan that can change to drop-in water pan for more space. I just found this out recently... which was a welcome find. More space!
I think you can even remove the water pan and heat diverter completely and cook over the coals. I’ve been looking at the Humphrey’s myself...

Old 09-23-2020, 09:26 PM   #10
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

I agree, they are well made units, great insulation.

I have the Down East Beast, I get a 14 hour burn on a small 8 lb bag of lump charcoal running at 250°
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote