Craigslist Score

Adubree86

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Adam
So during my routine craigslist search I ran across a guy that was giving away a UDS. Not expecting much I went and picked it up. It's definitely used but the heart of it is in great shape. A little clean up and a couple personal touchs and it'll make an awesome pit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 508
I saw that on kc Craigslist and text the guy to send that POS to the dump. Lol. MIZ!!!

Anywho, glad you picked it up for FREE, good find man.

Good pull. You will live it love it learn it -
UDS academy. Set it and forget it - no lie.
1/2 lump, half Kcomp, 4 fist size chunks, 12 lit on top of 1/2 filled or more basket of coals.
You ridin' 10 hours in style at 275.

Scored again. Got the set for $20. A nice donor grill to get a good dome lid and parts for another UDS and then a smokey joe. Add another $15-$20 and I can build a mini bullet. So for $40 I've got another full size UDS with extra parts and a mini bullet. Can't beat it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
Scored again. Got the set for $20. A nice donor grill to get a good dome lid and parts for another UDS and then a smokey joe. Add another $15-$20 and I can build a mini bullet. So for $40 I've got another full size UDS with extra parts and a mini bullet. Can't beat it.

I can appreciate the dome for the UDS, but that's a good old Blackie faded daisy wheel Kettle.......probably mid-70's......killer smoker actually, so maybe don't ditch the rest of the setup & you can go back & forth?

PS: It's also got the lightweight "racing triangle" on the low end.......they just don't make them like this anymore.....

I agree with all the above - nice score, but you just gotta burn that barrel out and get rid of that fark-ugly bird.

I think that you should paint it red, with a beautiful white N on each side....like this:

2015-Nebraska-Helmet-Inverse.png

Back