MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #1
big range bbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Default certified kitchen asap

We had a kitchen but the place is going out of business, have called everywhere we can think of and nothing. Canyon lake/ lake elsinore area
big range bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

I am sure you tried all the lodges
Do you work in Riverside County mostly?

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
big range bbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Yeah I have tried VFW's, Elks, and some Restaurants. I work in Anaheim and live in canyon lake, So anywhere from Temecula to Anaheim is fine for now. Or if there is a way to do the Farmers Market with out using a certified kitchen. The person who is running the market is very nonchalant about everything and says don't worry it, but I don't want to go through all the work and then get shut down.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #4
bbqbull
Watching over us.

Did you try your local churches?

"I wish my mind could forget what my eyes have seen. :shocked:"

"Heavily medicated for your protection. :doh:"

Klose Mobile Pit
Klose Owners Reccomended Pit
Cookshack Smokette
Gasser
Little Chief Smoker
Large BGE
Gifted to me my Pit Barrel Smoker :mrgreen::clap:[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/"][/URL]
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

Worth a look

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2009, 06:13 PM   #6
big range bbq
Knows what a fatty is.

We have been working our way down the list about 35+ and still nothing lol. Didn't think this would be the hard part.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #7
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I agree with Bull about your church.

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Your beard is so stupid, it took two hours to watch 60 Minutes.
txschutte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #8
BRBBQ
Babbling Farker

Default Hd

I don't know the answer but what or how does the HD shut you down? Do they carry a gun? They show up and say shut-er down! Then you leave. How can they enforce what they say I guess is my question.
BRBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #9
C Rocke
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRBBQ View Post
I don't know the answer but what or how does the HD shut you down? Do they carry a gun? They show up and say shut-er down! Then you leave. How can they enforce what they say I guess is my question.

In CA, no food can be prepared for sale in a private home. A lot of hoops to jump thru out here, but non-compliance can affect everything from your business license to future health permits. Very complicated here, and not for the faint of heart. There are a lot of folks that play fast and loose too, but some of us have too much invested - Like our reputations...

Old 06-08-2009, 08:09 PM   #10
Brian in So Cal
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Rocke View Post
In CA, no food can be prepared for sale in a private home. A lot of hoops to jump thru out here, but non-compliance can affect everything from your business license to future health permits. Very complicated here, and not for the faint of heart. There are a lot of folks that play fast and loose too, but some of us have too much invested - Like our reputations...
Yea just finding out how hard it is.

Blast Off BBQ, Brian K

As a matter of fact I am a rocket scientist!

Just call me Dad.
Brian in So Cal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #11
soultrue
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big range bbq View Post
We had a kitchen but the place is going out of business, have called everywhere we can think of and nothing. Canyon lake/ lake elsinore area
Hey try fire stations they have comercial kitichen , in exchange for meat and knowlege
soultrue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #12
NotleyQue
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by soultrue View Post
Hey try fire stations they have comercial kitichen , in exchange for meat and knowlege
Try local rec centers. Most citys have rec centers or facilities that have commercial kitchens you can rent. Call your city hall.

Firestations wont work because they are considered places of residence.

[CENTER][B]Notley Que BBQ: Southern California's Finest BBQ Catering[/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black]Meat is Murder......Tasty Tasty Murder[/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
NotleyQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #13
big range bbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks for all the help, after all the calls 75+ we went to a farmers market to to do some looking around and found a guy that owns a deli that is going to let us rent his kitchen. Not sure how it works in other parts of the U.S but here in California you ask the HD a question and you will get 10 different answers. Then a supervisor that yells out "hey who is in charge of farmers markets, oh they are not here right now" then hangs up on you. Or you get "we are working on getting a booklet but we don't have it right now". Called 6 different HD to see if there was a size regulation on sinks took 3 days and it came down to "has to be large enough to wash your largest utincile".
I have applied for a job with them, cant wait to sit on my a$$ and get paid nice coin for doing nothing.

Sorry had to vent to someone

Old 06-08-2009, 10:52 PM   #14
leanza
Babbling Farker

California is disgusting. They don't encourage small business they just regulate it. It's detrimental and and discouraging to contemplate your business dream here. That's why we all move somewhere else. Including me some day sooner than later.