Cot/Bed recommendations

A XL (big mans cot) from Cabela's, is comfy with a sleeping bag on top for added cushion......or my XL padded gravity chair makes for some good sleep:becky:

I either use a Coleman double height air mattress or sleep in my XL Anti-gravity chair.

+1 on the extra large gravity chair. I got the one from Cabelas. It is the best thing for me since I am up and down all night and only catnap. My girlfriend uses a cot also from Cabelas.

A XL (big mans cot) from Cabela's, is comfy with a sleeping bag on top for added cushion......or my XL padded gravity chair makes for some good sleep:becky:

I just switched to a Cabelas cot for the last contest after using an air mattress all of last year and the beginning of this season. Just as comfy and a lot less time putting up and taking down.

I use an air mattress and sleeping bag. Better for the cold nights. no air cooling under you.

If using a cot you really need something under you as well as on top of you if cold out. Lose lots of heat out the bottom. Scott

We picked up one of these from WalMart for around $45-50 and I've been sleeping on it, along with a $15 WalMart sleeping bag and I've been ridiculously comfy inside our trailer.

http://search.coleman.com/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=0&page_id=1740&query=cot&hiword=cot

Drew, uses a cheapy twin sized air matress on top of this cot (LINK)... it seems comfortable enough, but I hate air matresses and my cot is a lot less to deal with.

We tried sleeping on the plywood floor of our trailer in sleeping bags for the first comp of the year. NOT recommended. Last year we slept outside in zero-gravity chairs or just normal camping chairs. More comfortable than a plywood floor, but colder.

Bought 3/14/2009, still going strong. Highly recommend. It was $75.82 with shipping.

http://airbeds4less.com/67737/

I either use a Coleman double height air mattress or sleep in my XL Anti-gravity chair.

Doesn't that take up a ton of space in your EZ-UP? Or are you using a twin-size?

I use an air mattress and sleeping bag. Better for the cold nights. no air cooling under you.

If using a cot you really need something under you as well as on top of you if cold out. Lose lots of heat out the bottom. Scott

Good points. My first go around will be the end of May in Nevada. With highs of 95+, I'm not really worried about cold nights. Air underneath could be considered a plus!

I'll raise my hand in support of the Cabela's XL cot and their XL gravity chair. The cot is big enough that you can roll over without any fear of flipping the cot over or rolling off the edge. The gravity chair is just plain comfy, but you definitely will need something underneath you cuz that mesh fabric does not stop a cold breeze at night.

We use surpluss military cots the past 2 years. Sleep very well, I'm a side sleeper. And it supports big boys with no problems.

On a side note, has anyone installed one of the Blazin Bell Tech Dinette / Beds in a cargo trailer? If so - how does it hold up? Is it worth it as a dinette? And how comfortable is it (sitting or sleeping).

Sorry to thread jack

Last year - no enclosed trailer - used a hammock on a stand with sleeping bag. Hoped for good weather (got lucky).

This year - trailer with air mattress. Should be like the Ritz.:thumb:

Back