For new non-subscribed members

FARKING FWOOOSSSSHHHH!!!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

SNOT SNOT SNOT...

Uhm, not to hijack the thread but...

(Ever notice how someone who is about to hijack a thread always begins with "Not to hijack the thread, but...")?

Anyway, I recently subscribed. I sent in my $25 by snail mail. How long does it take to get "upgraded"? Will I get a PM? An email? Will I just wake up and feel different? Inquiring minds want to know... :confused:

Terry! Many times a member will paypal/mail a check and forget to make a note telling the mod what their brethren screen name is, and whilst our mods are down right uncannily tuned in with what's happening around here, they have yet to come up with a machine that translates a person's given name into a screen name accurately... Unless your name is Ryan Chester, that one's pretty easy to figger out...

So now ya godda ask yourself one question... didja include yer screen name punk? well, didja? :p

Either way if it's been more than a few weeks I'd contact a friendly mod to get some stinkin' answers! By friendly, I mean anyone but Jorge... :wink: :heh:

Terry! Many times a member will paypal/mail a check and forget to make a note telling the mod what their brethren screen name is, and whilst our mods are down right uncannily tuned in with what's happening around here, they have yet to come up with a machine that translates a person's given name into a screen name accurately... Unless your name is Ryan Chester, that one's pretty easy to figger out...

So now ya godda ask yourself one question... didja include yer screen name punk? well, didja? :p

Either way if it's been more than a few weeks I'd contact a friendly mod to get some stinkin' answers! By friendly, I mean anyone but Jorge... :wink: :heh:

Ya know... it's funny you should mention that. About 10 seconds after I posted my question, I did some soul-searching and started to wonder about the whole screen-name thing. And, I have pretty much decided I was hoping my check would reach one of the psychic moderators. :doh:

I guess it's time to find a mod.

eight inches of snot

What do I get for 50$/year?

The details are here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/payments.php

HOLD THE FORT, STOP THE PRESSES... the Brethren forces are forming....

Another Brethren Brother 'The Kapn' has offered to pay for a third person in this proposal.
The offer now stands for (not 2, but) THREE new members, now!!

Thanks a bunch, Kapn! You da man!

Last edited:
The Bandito has made a generous and Brotherly offer.

It is only logical to do my part for the new folks that may be hanging on the fence.

Come on in and Welcome to the best BBQ site on the WWW.

TIM

I registered at the end of August so I am close but heeeers your....

eight inches of snot

Thank you

The Bandito has made a generous and Brotherly offer.

It is only logical to do my part for the new folks that may be hanging on the fence.

Come on in and Welcome to the best BBQ site on the WWW.

TIM

The generosity of everyone at this site is nothing less than astounding. I wonder that you only have 14,000 members. Keep this up and that number is likely to sky-rocket exponentially! :shock:

Amazing.... simply amazing.

Just got off the phone. The movement is gathering steam.... another update!

A member (who prefers to remain anonymous) has upped the ante... adding TWO more openings.

Was 2, then 3,.....
Now a total of (5) $50 subscriptions available to new members . :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Just a reminder....
Here's the deal;
1. Must be a new member (within last 90 days).
2. Must reply within this thread with the post "eight inches of snot"

[Yes, typed intentionally "Eight inches of snot"]

The Spirit of the Brethren continues to shine.

The generosity of everyone at this site is nothing less than astounding. I wonder that you only have 14,000 members. Keep this up and that number is likely to sky-rocket exponentially! :shock:

tish,

I have followed your posts.
You will grow into a great Brother/Sister faster than you think.

Check the Bandito's requirements for the drawing.

Good luck to you and welcome to our home on the WWW.

TIM

Thanks, Tim! Well, I don't know about greatness, but what I lack in know-how, I make up for in enthusiasm. :whoo: Really very happy to be here. :-D

Just got off the phone. The movement is gathering steam.... another update!

A member (who prefers to remain anonymous) has upped the ante... adding TWO more openings.

Was 2, then 3,.....
Now a total of (5) $50 subscriptions available to new members . :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Just a reminder....

The Spirit of the Brethren continues to shine.

Wow! That's just crazy impressive. I want to say thank you to the golden-hearted donor, whoever he/she is, and to The Kap'n, and BBQ Bandit for doing this. This just proves how much you care about this site and it's future. I am so proud to be rubbing elbows with you people. If I don't win one of these subscriptions, the first thing I'm gonna up and do is subscribe on my own. I mean, I was going to anyway, but after this... how could ya not? Wow. :hail:

For you new folks that have just joined, I have had the great pleasure of meeting both BBQ Bandit and Kap'n. These two are some of the most genuinely nice gentleman you will have the opportunity to meet. They both have a love of BBQ and a love for the Brethren.

Kap'n, we are making our way back to Florida this year. If it works out I sure would like to spend more than 15 minutes in a parking lot with you! You will be amazed how much my boys have changed in, what, 4 or 6, years?

I just joined recently. Building my first UDS. Did the burn out but need to fire up the propane fire torch to get the liner out. Having a great time reading posts and gathering info.

"eight inches of snot"

Thanks to all for the tips so far. looking forward to being here for a long time.

Joe

Last edited:
Wow... awesome work guys. Looks like it's gonna be a snotty Christmas... :wink:

Just thinking about it now, but can you imagine how crazy it's gonna be when cabin fever kicks in this year with the site growing so much! :thumb:

Cheers

Back